Who you callin' turkey?!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wngsprnt50

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Since I am sort of a clearance freak when it comes to the store, I have a 3 lb. turkey breast, and 2 2# angus steaks about 1.5" thick.  Decided to smoke the breast with just a rub and I rubbed and cut up the steaks into cubes and threw them into a foil pan.  In addition, potatoes and onions with a bottle of roasted red pepper italian dressing.  The breast was done in about 2.5 hrs.  It is sitting in the cooler resting.  I plan to smoke the rest a few more hours.  Qview will follow! 

nice take on the beef, that should be awesome cooked like that...I gotta get out of my box and start cooking more than just huge slabs of meat.

Thanks Lugnutz!  I love to try different things than the norm so it worked this time.  they were pretty good too other than it did cook a little too much for my taste.  I like med rare type and these were pretty much well.  Oh well, haven't found a bad mistake yet!

The turkey

d85aaa34_c8ef304d.jpg

The steaks, sauced last 45 min.  They were really good, but were cooked a bit more than I wold have liked.

ba69dcc0_52cbde84.jpg

The potatoes and onions.  Everyone else said they were good, but I didn't like the combo of the italian dressing marinade and the smoke.  Next time maybe just a garlic butter type of seasoning.

c98e5b84_585125c4.jpg

This was the results of the second time smoking on the smoke hollow propane.  Definitely a different process than with the ECB.  I think at this point I like the charcoal smoking better, but the gasser will come in very handy this winter.  It held temps very well with the burner medium low and vent open it stayed about 240 with a 90 deg. day.  Lots of room to maneuver there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky