White BBQ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
I'm not sure where I saw it but I have recently read a recipe for a white BBQ sauce. I recently tried some of this on chicken up in northern Alabama and it was delicious! Now I can't find my recipe. I'm doing chicken and turkey this weekend and would love to make some of the white sauce. Can anyone help me with a good recipe???

Thanks,

Bill

You ask and we deliver!

This is the Big Bob Gibson recipe for Alabama White Sauce....

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons apple cider

Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.

-Wynn

I was reading throught the book Peace Love and BBQ and it has a differenent recipe from Bib Bob Gibson that is close but may be worth trying to compare.

1 cup Mayo
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoon creacked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

makes 1 1/2 cups

Hope you like

Thanks Cheech,
I'll certainly keep this one. I have tried the other one that Wynn sent and it was pretty good. This one will give me another one to compare with. Thanks again.

Hi,I'm going to smoke a roasting chicken,beer can style.I want to try the white sauce.I've only done a chicken on the grill once,it was done using indirect heat.But this time I will use the CG.w/sfb.My question is,when do I apply the white sauce?
Thanks,Bill

Folks I just tried this recipe from Peace love and BBQ and this was so delicious. It has a bit of vinegar taste and so I thought that others may not like it. Well I was wrong the wife loved it and gave some to the neighbors who asked for a second helping. I brought some to the guys and one guy said it was like a party in my mouth.

This is great stuff and worth a try

How thick was it Cheech? I just whipped up a batch of what Wynn posted and that stuff is pretty thin. Is that how it's supposed to be? I'm up in Wisconsin so needless to say "white" sauce is extremely rare up here and I have nothing to compare it with.

I used a low fat mayo and thought that it was very thin because of that.

It was on the runny side but still a great taste.

Hopefully with you in Wisconsin and me in Michigan we can start to bring white BBQ sauce to the north.

I know the Alabama White Sauce is absolutely wonderful on pork chops...Want to try it on chicken and see how that goes....Really hope someone fills us all in after they give it a try...

Great Forum!!!!

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky