Which pellet grill I should buy? Traeger, Camp Chef or Req Teq?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's A LOT of better products out there. I make many recommendations for good quality cookers and devices. Inkbird is low quality.
Maybe it's the way you take care of your equipment! You've made several negative comments on equipment that I have found to work and perform quite well!

Ryan

Nope. The plastic is thin and the glue is weak. It's just cheap junk.

You seem to fancy yourself as an authority on smokers of every make and type with mostly negative commentary, everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess. Do you smoke meat? I can't find or recall a thread where you have ever posted a cook. Just wondering. RAY

Nope. The plastic is thin and the glue is weak. It's just cheap junk.

I'm not sure of the quality of the lesser/newer Inkbird models since I have never owned one of those.
However, the IRF-4s is a solid performer. Mine has passed the "drop test" several times without breaking apart or the case cracking.
I'm thinking that's because both the sending and receiving units are held together with six screws instead of the usual post and snap tab design or sonic welding.
As for the thickness of the plastic, that is primarily dictated by the injection mold design and choice of thermoplastic rather than by Inkbird trying to cut corners.

Anyway, I wonder which pellet grill the OP ultimately purchased?

However, the IRF-4s is a solid performer. Mine has passed the "drop test" several times without breaking apart or the case cracking.
I haven't drop tested my IRF-4S or my IHT-1P, but my Inkbird sous vide cooker passed the drop test from about 4 feet onto a concrete floor a couple months ago. Nothing broke and it still works the same as before I dropped it. I have a sirloin fixing to get soaked as soon as the water gets to temp.

I haven't drop tested my IRF-4S or my IHT-1P, but my Inkbird sous vide cooker passed the drop test from about 4 feet onto a concrete floor a couple months ago. Nothing broke and it still works the same as before I dropped it. I have a sirloin fixing to get soaked as soon as the water gets to temp.
LOL! Well now you know if you ever drop the IRF-4s, it will survive and work afterward.
My receiver also passed the "toddler test" with flying colors.

Yes some good info shared…… I can share that I’ve had my Recteq 1250 for 13 months and have past burning 800 lbs of pellets now so I think it’s about broke in…..I run it 3+ days a week on average and it just works! Heats to 225 in 7 mins and 500 in 20 mins…..it is a solid smoker/roaster. It’s not a “searer” even at 700 degrees but it does pizza very nicely! I’ve done the best 20lb+ turkeys in my life in it so I’m sold on its performance and not because of the # of pop up adds one gets after viewing their web page…….

I ran an American made an Memphis for close to 12 years prior and burned about 7k lbs in pellets through it. I paid about double over the RT 12 years ago and given the choice again…. RT….easy decision.

I also have a GMG mini (6years, 200 lb pellets) that has been a great cooker too!!! I’m not giving it up either……

22 lb turkey……. Firsthand results……
B2A1AE62-3FF1-47F2-A5C6-1BCEA635993B.jpeg

I have gotten lots of mileage out of my inkbirds and still use them next to my thermapens…..they work well for the price point!

OP’s only post, never returned. Probably smarter than the rest of us engaged in this troll-fest.
Oh no, someone disagreed with your purchases. Must be a troll. No, you just have poor taste. Too cheap for Fireboard or a Guru. Inkbird is quality because you bought one.

Sad! Many such cases!

I've owned temp monitors and ATCs from almost every brand except for Pellet Pro, and many different grills and smokers of every variety. I'm not a troll. You just don't like my opinions. I'm not criticizing 250 gallon propane fired offsets. I'm talking about what I know and obviously I have more knowledge of the product category than you do. How many monitors and controllers have you owned? Two or three? Inkbird is junk. Not even on par with Maverick. Not remotely comparable to Thermoworks or BBQ Guru.

The best ATC and controller for the money comes from Bbqube, another brand you know nothing about. Keep recommending Inkbird though. They're popular on Amazon because they're cheap.

Last edited:
You can't even speak on half of these devices and cookers because you don't know anything about them. I actually spent the money and have hands on experience with them.

You weirdos have to troll my forum profile and comment history to criticize me, yet you can't debate the statements in my comments.

I own some of the products you are speaking of, and they work as advertised, and have lasted quite some time. You are the weirdo if you want to be juvenile and engage in name calling.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
You can't even speak on half of these devices and cookers because you don't know anything about them. I actually spent the money and have hands on experience with them.

You weirdos have to troll my forum profile and comment history to criticize me, yet you can't debate the statements in my comments.
Sticks and stones...grow up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky