Which injector to buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joshs

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I have a bunch of the Cajun Injectors tha came with their marinades. But here is the problem they don't want to suck up much liquid. When you inject the liquid passes threw the seel and sets on top so after a few injections the liquid is running out the top of the injector instead of the needle. Can this be fixed or should I just buy a differant injector. What do you guys use?

Reactions: panpanr26
 I use those freebies once or twice then trash em.

go to a vet. supply and buy a stainless steel injector that they use to inject horses and cattle. get the largest guage needle they have.

I think a good injector needs the following:

1.) It needs to be stainless....all over (except of course for the o-ring)

2.) The o-ring needs to be replaceable

3.) The needle needs to be removable (for cleaning....and to allow additional needles for other purposes)

4.) The needle needs to be large enough to allow for injections with "bits" in the solution.  ie: Thousand Island salad dressing.

If you a Lowe's near you, they should have one that meets that list.

icon_cool.gif

I just went to one of those bed bath and take your money and bought a good heavy duty injector. Now I do have a handful of the freebies to.

I think I will check one of these out at the farm store. Not anywhere I know of around here that has good BBQ or smoking supplies. If I cant find that I will order one.  

I'm with mballi I bought a heavy duty one from bed bath beyond. It has 2 different size needles one of witch I can inject Italian dressing without straining.

I also purchased a heavy duty injector with two needles. The large bore can really get the job done. I like to stick it in deep, and slowly with draw the needle inject all the time. This way you get the flavor spread out threw the meat. The first time I did injecting, some parts were stronger than others in the meat. 

I think a good injector needs the following:

1.) It needs to be stainless....all over (except of course for the o-ring)

2.) The o-ring needs to be replaceable

3.) The needle needs to be removable (for cleaning....and to allow additional needles for other purposes)

4.) The needle needs to be large enough to allow for injections with "bits" in the solution.  ie: Thousand Island salad dressing.

If you a Lowe's near you, they should have one that meets that list.
Ditto, here is the one I got, comes in 2oz and a 4ounce from Cabelas

ebbd795f_s7_516713_002_01.jpg
0fd03f06_s7_516713_004_01.jpg

pic below for actual size reference

e1f8dda9_Picture20100813043.jpg

I use the cheapies and chunk em afterward.  I'm alway scared about meat scraps stuck in the end of that needle.  I haven't found  a good way to get in there and clean that thing, so I start fresh every time.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky