Where to get a GOSM?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been looking but kept procrastinating but ordered mine on the 19th and is supposed to be in the store by the 9th of next month. Must be shipped a slower way. I ordered the 4th season of Stargate Alantis at the same time and it says it will be here on the 25th of this month.

I just bought the 16" GOSM at local Wal Mart last week for $74. They had the larger one for $130.

This is what I wanted to do, but no Wal Mart within 150 miles had one. The site-to-store order was my only option.

Thanks, Scooby. I live in Oklahoma, I think the nearest Menards is in Central Missouri.

I looked on Wal Mart website and it said no GOSM in any WalMart within 100 miles. I stoped at the store 15 miles from me and looked around in their lawn and garden dept. and found a few of them.

Reeally? See, this is the problem with tryin to save time by shoppin on-line. Makes me wonder what I'll find when I go down to the local Wally and see what's actually in the store. Guess it doesn't matter now, I've placed the order.

You can see online if they carry it. Mine had one of the smaller ones 2 years ago. Now none within a 100 miles have it. The have some kind of charcoal roaster tho.

Since the forum has been down, I haven't been able to update. My GOSM arrived several days ago. I got her all assembled, but still want to do some initial mods, all of which I have learned about here at SMF. Mods I will definitly be doing: locking casters or a wheeled cart of some kind, a better thermometer than the factory model, and probably a bigger wood/smoke box (coffee can or cake pan of some kind). I plan to do my first smoke in it this weekend, and then decide if I need other mods, such as insulating it with something like Hardy backerboard. I'm not great with the wife's digital camera, but I plan to try posting some pics. This forum has been a great source of ideas. Thanks for all the info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky