• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where to buy fresh Ham Hock

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I want to make that Terrine and need them fresh un-smoked. I stopped at Fiesta Mart today in Plano. Really thought they would have but no. They did have cut up pig feet. I check 99 Ranch web site and have the feet but no hocks. I out of ideas.

Last edited:

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I called Hirsh's meat market and said they have frozen oversized shanks. I guess that would work I love that place but kind of expensive. I usually just get what on sale. They have the best fresh sausage ever.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Mexican stores around here break down whole hogs so you might check there.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
If you have a gfs (Gordon's food service) they usually have them. Our sam's carries them. And a sure bet would be a restaurant depot. Alot of them are open to the public right now because of covid.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Is it for the collagen ? If so I would think the feet would work ?

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
I want to make that Terrine and need them fresh un-smoked. I stopped at Fiesta Mart today in Plano. Really thought they would have but no. They did have cut up pig feet. I check 99 Ranch web site and have the feet but no hocks. I out of ideas.
Meat packer/slaughter house in your area? Might call them and they might recommend a place to find them.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good question, we get our ham hocks from Walmart, I never looked but i guess they are smoked, cause we use them in white bean soup.
Al

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Meat packer/slaughter house in your area? Might call them and they might recommend a place to find them.
Found a local hog farm. Did not ask how much but sure they expensive like all there other stuff. I think gonna put this one on the back burner. Have cured turkey coming up and ham to get ready for Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.