Where to buy brisket in the Asheville area?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for your reply, schlotz. I've been to them before, and they're good at what they do .. but I recall them being on the higher end of the spectrum. Not that I'm not willing to pay accordingly for a good cut of meat - I'd just like to see if anyone else in my area has experience with a store that has a reputation for good cuts at reasonable prices.

Do you have a Costco? I have Sams but I'm all but done shopping them. I hate their poultry and even their ribs are more expensive than my grocery store. The only thing I would consider now is a beef loin.

We've got Sams Club - which I used to shop, and could get fairly decent brisket packers .. but we let the membership lapse.

I don't know what's happened to Sams. Early on it seemed worth it to pay for that membership but I don't think we are going to re-up. Their chicken is rubbery, they don't have a good spread of beef except I do like the cowboy ribeye haha. The other day, I couldn't believe that their ribs (2 in a pack) cost more per pound than Walmart. You would think it would be even cheaper since buying bulk.

I have a Kroger and for the first time ordered a rib roast from the butcher there. I'm going to see what else I can get from them b/c it's slim pickings for me too. Often I've found out that grocery stores have butchers and I didn't realize that they take orders and all that.

In fact, the butcher game me their cell number so I can call direct in the future. I'm seriously thinking of having them grind up a roast for burgers. I just need to find out which roast is best to use. I should buy a brisket since I can't smoke one for crap hahah

lol .. well, I just got back from visiting my Mom .. hometown of Lake Jackson TX. The HEB (regional TX grocer) had an unbelievable selection of beef .. especially brisket. I guess I'm going through withdrawal .. seeing all that smoker bait ;)

Reactions: banderson7474
i've had some good luck at walmart lately on steaks. it's actually part of their long term grocery business strategy to improve their steak offering as a loss leader to drive folks into the store

I live in hendersonville and the only reasonably prices brisket I've found has been sams. Most of the grocery stores are high and only carry small briskets, we have m&m meatlocker but their prices went up when it was sold years ago and it's not worth the hassle of making a special trip anymore

Reactions: jaypatrick
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky