Where have you all been in this world?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hong Kong
Singapore
Dubai X3
Subic Bay, Philippines
Cebu
Abu Dhabi
Mexico
Canada
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
about 30 of the 50 states

Most all via US Navy (CVN-72, and LST-1192)

KE

Lived in Texas (Ft Worth and Lubbock), Michigan (Marquette and currently in Brighton), Hawaii, and Alaska. Have stepped foot in every state in the Union.

PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

Have visited (some not by choice) Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Jamacia, Antigua, US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, England, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, India, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Azores, Panama, Japan, Korea, China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Guam, Saipan, and The Philippines.

I think that's it.
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

Well, THANKS to everyone for your service to our country!!!

Navionjim,

Who did ya fly for?

James.

Only been to Canada, Mexico, Germany, France and a few islands east of Florida. My wife has been to many more than me. Lookiing forward to adding to the list once retired .... in a few short years!!!!!

Crewdog, did you ever see a sandstorm in Lubbock?? That is about 100 miles North of my home place.

Do one legged ducks swim in circles!......... Heck yeah. Seen many of them. And with the windows down while away from the apartment. The worst one was when I was umping an intramural softball game during a beautiful spring day. Then out from the west came half of New Mexico.... and yes, the windows were down..

BTW, 100 miles south of Lubbock is either Midland / Odessa, or Big Spring. I think.

Big Spring is it, Crewdog. Folks do not believe that it gets so dark, the street lights come on.

Well, my brother always told me that I live in the best country in the world. He's traveled all over the world working and visiting for our Government. Me, I took his advice. All up and down the eastern seaboard, North into Canada and South to Key West. Several trips to Oregon and California. Only time I went further south was to Costa Rica when he was living there for several years.

Guam
Nam
Thailand
Laos...shhh don't tell anyone
UK
France
Portugal
South Africa
Angola
Cabinda
Nambia
China
Indonesia
California...???

My travels - courtesy of Uncle and the USAF:

Crete, Greece - 2 years
Germany, visited/vacation
England, 500 bed contingency hospital during DS
Ireland - actually just the international terminal at Shannon
Egypt - Sat on the runway at Cairo east while the Saudi's took their time deciding if we could overfly their sandbox
Bahrain - Op Southern Watch
Italy - all work, no play and both times only at night!
Azores
Stopped in Paris, but was cold, foggy, rainy, so I don't count that since it was just in the terminal at de Gaul

Enjoyed all the places we actually got to spend some time. Now would like to go back to Greece and spend a couple of weeks - they do some great smoking there with olive wood btw. Wanna actually spend some time in Ireland and visit Germany again.

Visted most regions of the use, but have missed two that I dearly want to visit - Alaska (planning for summer '08), and New England area. For some reason, I never made it north of NYC.

Have lived in Montana (native), Texas, North Dakota, Maryland, Illinois, Colorado, and now Idaho. Short trips to a goodly number of the states - most of the west has been covered, some of the north central states, most of the midwest, some of the southeast, and Hawai'i.

And yes, there's no place like home...

Ken

I was with Alaska Air Group on the West coast, Horizon Air for 17 years, worked in several positions. Mostly on my knees, chuckle chuckle. Several po-dunk outfits in the gulf states and Crib isles before that. Now with the biggest carrier in Houston whom I can't mention cause I'm still stuck here!

You know, James........... no one likes a showoff.
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

I have to agree about Italy. Loved it.
USA
Canada
Italy
France
Spain
Greece
Malta
Sardinia
Gibralter
Sicily
Cuba
Bahamas
The Ozarks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky