where do u live and what do u cook on

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Try these two numbers. 502-262-4730. Or 502-381-7399. Let me know if they work out for you.

I live in Richmond. And cook on a master built 30" smoker,, I'm new. Any suggestions. Thank you.

I used to be active at SMF.  Joined when I started cooking 'Cue in 2006-7 (thanks to great help gained here from many) and living in metro Detroit.  I now live in Tulsa area.   I was born in KY and have family west of Paducah so consider that are of 'Cue the style I grew up on. (Leigh's in Kevil or Starnes in Paducah locally)   -   Love Kentucky style 'Que so joined this group.   But I have become very good at brisket, etc thanks to many here (and some other spin off sites) --  Thanks for listening. 

Reactions: PDPrescott37
Hello everyone. Just moved to Radcliff from Michigan. I use a Chargriller Pro to smoke on. Still trying to find places to buy good meat and wood to use for smoking. I use all wood logs and would like to find a place that sells bags of different flavors. I have heard good things about Boone's Butcher for meat and will check them out soon. anyone have any idea on where to get good wood at around me. 

Live above Knoxville Tn but work up thru Ky a few times of the week around Pineville is that close enuf? We don't have a forum :(;)

Hey everybody, I live in Rockport IN, try not to hold that against me lol, but I’m from across the river in Owensboro KY, home of the International BBQ festival. Owensboro has a style of bbq not common in most places. We use a basting sauce called “dip” that is usually dark colored and has a lot of Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in it, and mutton is the common meat in the area. I can’t get enough of it. I grew up around great bbq, and ive been smoking for a couple years now on a Char-Broil COS. I’ve done some mods to it and it’s been pretty reliable. It’s still a work in progress. I hope to hear from some more people in the area. Send a message anytime to say hi.

Greetings! I live in Archdale, NC (commonly referred to as LA - Lower Archdale...) and I cook on an old Brinkmann Pitmaster COS that I've had for about 16 years or so, but I've only ever done butts and shoulders. I've smoked chicken quarters a time or two, but the pulled pork is what I'm comfortable with. Here in NC, it's either Eastern style (whole hog) or Lexington style (butts/shoulders). A lot of people think those two styles refer to the sauce, but while they refer to the cuts of meat used, they do come with their own distinct sauces. I always cook up a pot of Lexington BBQ sauce on top of the firebox about 8 hours into a shoulder, consisting of ketchup, cider vinegar, a soda for some sweetness (Pepsi, Cheerwine, or Dr. Pepper), cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and a liberal amount of Texas Pete, and serve it along side the finished pulled pork.
I've done a couple of mods to it to make it work a little better, but after browsing this site for a few days, I realize that my baffle is severely inadequate. Before my next cook, I'm going to make a new baffle, add some tuning plates, a second thermometer, an expanded steel charcoal box, and seal up the lids and firebox. I think once I do all that, I'll be better prepared to try a brisket

Cheers!

I'm in Crestwood KY just outside of Louisville. Got an MES 30 that Jonok on here has helped me modify into a beast. I also have Ok Joe Longhorn combo I need to do some work to. Plus I also have a Little Chief electric smoker I am looking to sell so let me know if you are interested in it. Here is a pic.

Little-chief.jpg

Hello, I am Jonathan. I live in Western Kentucky. Currently using a Lang 60, BGE, Mixon G-9, and recently purchased an OL Hickory CTO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky