where do u live and what do u cook on

Discussion in 'Kentucky Member Group' started by icyhot, Oct 18, 2014.

1. icyhot

icyhot Smoking Fanatic

2. I'm in Madison County, at the head of Posey Ridge.

Depending on mood and what & where I'm making, I use an 18th-century style outdoor kitchen, a Char Grill Pro, a Char Broil 5-burner gasser; an Olympian portable gas grill, and a no-name tabletop charcoal grill.

3. Howdy.  I live in Spencer County and I cook on an MES 30" (2nd gen, with the controls on the front).  I also have an old Brinkmann charcoal smoker but I haven't used it in forever and when I do I just grill on it.

4. demosthenes9

demosthenes9 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm in Louisville and have 2 Smoke Hollow 44's, 2 Smoke Hollow 34's,  a Weber Genesis Silver C, Weber Genesis Gold C, a Brinkmann 6 burner Pro Series 2700, a black Weber OTS, a green Weber Perfomer, a Weber Smokey Joe Silver and a Weber Jumbo Joe.  Oh yeah, just picked up a 1971 Redhead Weber MBH Kettle.

5. callaway

callaway Newbie

I am in Elizabethtown and have a Smoke Hollow PS4400 from Sam's Club.  Paid $279 which I thought was a great value but I see they are only $249 this year.  I should probably go buy a couple more at this price and give them away as Christmas gifts.  Great smoker with tons of room.

6. demosthenes9

demosthenes9 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Dang.  They are still $279.99 up here.  I picked one up last year and fell in love with it.  So much so that I wanted another.  Went back later in the season and Sams was sold out.   It's a seasonal item of course, so I figured I'd just have to wait til this year.   Strangely, when the season started, no SH44's!!!   Figured I had missed my chance.

Happened to be in Sam's in September and BAM, there it was, back in stock.  Immediately threw one onto a cart and brought her home.

When not using the 2nd one for smoking purposes, it doubles as a very nice outdoor oven and warmer/holding box.   Last party I had, I cooked 45 ears of corn and 60 bakers in it.

7. big mike ktp

big mike ktp Newbie

Mt. Washington using a Masterbilt XL 40" right now doing some mods to see how I can make it better. Thinking of getting as Lang or a Meadow Creek TS70 or TS120 this year.

:grilling_smilie:

8. Mt. Washington?  Cool man we're practically neighbors [​IMG]

9. big mike ktp

big mike ktp Newbie

All right!

10. shaggy91954

shaggy91954 Meat Mopper

Hello bluegrass buddys.  Shaggy here........... I live in Christian County in far western Kentucky.  I smoke on a 30" MES, grill on a Weber kettle and gas WeberQ and use a Big Easy oil less fryer.  Just ordered an igrill 2 remote thermometer to use on my next pork butt smoke sometime next week and it should be here today.  Anybody else use the igrill ?

rubthembutts likes this.
  11. Hi folks, I live in Wilmore.  I have a char-griller duo with sfb, and for Christmas I got the char-griller akorn.  Just did the seasoning burn on it today can't wait to start cooking on it.

Patrick

Restless Hog

12. I live in Louisville. Jefferson county. I have 2 charbroil offset smokers and an ugly drum smoker.

13. I live in MT Washington. I use a WSM 22. I am in process of building trailer to begin competing this spring.

14. I live in Fern Creek. I have a couple of smokers. I have a Char Griller off set smoker. I have a trash can smoker that I made, and my wife just bought me a Smoke Hollow 44" Pro Series.

rubthembutts likes this.
  15. I live in Louisville, and do my smoking on a WSM 22. I also have a Weber Kettle 22.5, and recently acquired an older model Landmann gas smoker.

16. icyhot

icyhot Smoking Fanatic

Update,I now have a lang,a Oklahoma joe,a masterbuilt electric smoker and just bought rec-tec pellet smoker. Got the fever bad I guess

17. Madison County, Kingston area

Several WSMs for comps. Cookshack for big cooks/catering/vending

Small offset stick burner for comps

Huge stick burner for whole pigs

Commercial grinder for sausage

Steam kettle for my own blend of sauce to bottle. Coming to a store near you!

Favorite cooks are brisket and ribs.

18. I'm just outside of Barbourville, got an MES 30, a propane grill I've converted to charcoal so I can three-zone smoke(works good for chicken thighs), and a big pile of cinder blocks and bricks I keep telling myself I'll build something out of.

19. Hello everyone! I live in Shepherdsville. I started smoking on a smokey Mountain propane vertical smoker. I have just bought an Old Country Pecos Offset smoker. I am still getting used to it but so far I like it! Look forward to learning and hearing from fellow Ky folks! 

20. icyhot

icyhot Smoking Fanatic

Welcome smoknpi.if I can be of any help let me know as I only live four miles from shepherdsville