When life throws you lemons, you make lemonade!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mornin' All!

I'm really bummed I won't be able to enter this months throwdown, cuz I was gonna put a whoopin' on y'all, just you wait, hopefully in August I'll make y'all cry like a bunch a little girls!!!!

Much love to all my BBQ buddies!
Just saw this thread & wanted to throw in my prayers & well wishes for you & your comeback.  I will be waiting for you, polishing my smoker, with my cooking utensils.  I will have my spices lined up in a row, my smoking wood stacked & my thinking cap turned backwards.  Come August, I want to see if there exists a little girl in me waiting to cry.  Part of me wants to shed a tear now but that is for goodbyes.  This is just an Arnold moment for you....."I'll be back". 

You keep your beautiful spirit, your wonderful atitude & crazy azz sense of humor gurl.  That is why you will be back.   I will be waiting for you................

Last edited:
WOW Cheryl, Our thoughts are with you for-sure!!!

One thing is for sure! The docs, nurses, and other patients better get ready. I'm sure they dont have to many people with such a positive outlook as you come thru there doors very often. Keep ur chin up girl. If you think it will help we will all get together and set up all our smokers around you and smoke that evil little bug right out of ya!!!!!!

Cheryl please let us know if you need anything. I will be praying for you and cant wait to have you back.

ditto on all what has been said.... thoughts and prayers your way from your friend in minnesota!!!

Just as you've done in the past, hang-in there and keep on fighting. My prayers include you.

Cheryl, If your passion to fight this is any where near as strong as your passion for Cooking and Smoking, then you will put a Whoopin' on this so bad that the Monster will have no choice but to just Go Away with its tail tucked between its legs cryin' like a little girl. Have Faith, Be Strong and know that our thoughts and prayers will be with you always. I look forward to that winning Throwdown post. I'll make the Lemonade, you just concentrate on this.

God Bless and Love,

Chet

you go miss squirrel we will be praying for you. is it as hot in augusta as it is in griffin ?

I couldn't have written it better, Chet.

Cheryl, If your passion to fight this is any where near as strong as your passion for Cooking and Smoking, then you will put a Whoopin' on this so bad that the Monster will have no choice but to just Go Away with its tail tucked between its legs cryin' like a little girl. Have Faith, Be Strong and know that our thoughts and prayers will be with you always. I look forward to that winning Throwdown post. I'll make the Lemonade, you just concentrate on this.

Last edited:
My wife found a small pea-sized lump on her leg, had it removed and it was diagnosed as lieomyosarcoma, a very rare and highly metastatic sarcomic cancer; she was given 6 weeks maximum to live and guaranteed 100% not to see her next birthday, the only possible temporary treatment for it was surgery - we fully expected her to return without her leg, but it was spared.  That was 15 years ago.  2 years ago she found a growth on her arm and it was skin lymphoma that develops into internal lymphoma.  That was removed plus 22 radiation treatments and again the same prediction, she is still going strong with no other developments.  She's seen and fought the beast twice and beat the bastard both times.  And so can you!   We've cried, we've prayed, we've danced and we've sang and we bless every day we can spend together and enjoy every day we have had before.  Keep that fighting spirit and win!  We will pray for you! 

my thoughts and prayers are with you, but i know with your positvie attidude you can beat anything.  You let us know if you need anything, 

thx for the great out look and can't wait to get more of it when you get back!

Squirrel,

The world needs more people like you.

My family and I will keep you in our prayers.

God Bless.

Hi Cheryl,  Best wishes to you. I have a friend that has beat it twice. You've got a lot of friends here, every one of us will be waiting for your return.

Wow,  I thought is was going to be one of your one of a kind recipes that I so enjoy.    Go kick butt, get well and hurry back.

Here's some more kittehs for you, Cheryl.  Go to the Youtube page, and read the description!

Love you, hon -- get better real fast-like!

We will miss you for sure but you will be in our thoughts and prayers - This is an amazing group of people and they have the power to lift you up with their positive outlook and support. I know this cause I lost my mom in November and this gang was here for me and for another member who lost his grandfather at the same time --- Lost of positive vibe here

Do yourself a favor and just check in here every once in a while and do some reading - it will bring a smile to ya for sure or it did for me anyway

Keep up the spirits and come back soon

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky