What's your 'other' hobby?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Colin1230

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2021
Merriam, KS
When I was teenager, I wanted to play the guitar really bad. But growing up in a small town in SW Kansas, there were no music shops for a hundred miles.
Now that I'm in my sixties, I can play the guitar...................really bad!

IMG_20210315_212556.jpg

Don,t forget about jumping out of perfectly good working planes, sorry chile i had to
Not a current hobby.
I'm not financially able to maintain four hobbies.
I had my fun with skydiving, I do miss it, but...
I had to choose the shooting, fishing and hunting since I can share them with my family.

I had to choose the shooting, fishing and hunting since I can share them with my family.
Nice, enjuying things with family is # 1
My wife and i best friends, love fishing also, she bought me my first boat, we both go fishing as often as we can. Love to go hand lining or just fishing off the dock at home for trout or bass
David

Since our Granddaughter was born in November, she's been our hobby, lol. Prior to that, I collected Zippo lighters for 30 years. I have approx 3000 + Zippo's plus several spinner racks, etc. Haven't done much with it the last 2-3 years. It's gotten a little more expensive than it used to be.

Besides cooking? Shooting, fishing and hunting.
I'll second that with an addition of golf. Use to coach baseball for my son but that's out the window right now with all the uncertainty here. We are focusing on the individual recreational items you mention, and I couldn't be happier. Just need to focus on making time for them.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Neat thread... Seems like a perfect way to reintroduce myself to the group.

I'm preparing to get back into vegetable gardening this season. Maintaining my 1890-built house is also considered somewhat of a hobby, I guess? I also enjoy kayaking and sometimes bring a fishing rod with me and pretend I know what to do with it (zero--yes, zero--catches last season). Recently decided to visit all of New Hampshire's covered bridges, too, which is a great excuse to just get out and explore my beautiful state.

Reactions: Colin1230
Recording concerts and collecting concert recordings. Not being able to do that since last March has led me to spending more time smoking food. In normal times I am recording in excess of 100 bands a year and the last 3 I recorded before the shutdown was Eric Clapton's tribute to Ginger Baker in London, Buddy Guy in Oakland and the Allman Brothers show in New York. Once I get my second vaccine I will be ready for more of that.

Recording concerts and collecting concert recordings. Not being able to do that since last March has led me to spending more time smoking food. In normal times I am recording in excess of 100 bands a year and the last 3 I recorded before the shutdown was Eric Clapton's tribute to Ginger Baker in London, Buddy Guy in Oakland and the Allman Brothers show in New York. Once I get my second vaccine I will be ready for more of that.
Very cool!

Very cool!

Check this out. This was Eric Clapton's tribute to Ginger Baker. Was a group project with 4 friends running video cameras. 2 were from UK, One from Denmark, one from Japan and I did the audio tracks where it sounded the best. One of the guys running video was shut down midway through the show but there was still enough footage to complete the show.

Too damn many hobbies to pursue deeply concurrently .... each tend to ebb and flow

Audio gear playing and restoration
Media (vinyl & tape) collection and listening
Golf
Woodworking
Boating
Threatening to take up fishing ( the fish aren’t worried)
Threatening to learn/play guitar and bass (my instruments similarly mocking me)

Dont have the big theater anymore for real movie experience, and don’t have the rotator cuffs and knees anymore for tennis.

I work a lot of hours , hunting fishing and 2 grand kids, last year was low on H&F due to having covic and felt bad from august thru out the season, boat stayed on trailer, this year hasn't been much better lol. Had hoped to make it to gulf shores next month or mid Tn for a get together but son is buying a home and needs help moving ect. moved vacation to last week of this month, back is already protesting lol

I've been golfing since I was in elementary school. In 2019 I played maybe a dozen times, and last year not at all. I estimated I saved at least $2,000 last year then used that as an excuse to buy an MES 40. :emoji_laughing:
I have not played in last 10 years since I have had this job and was a hacker. I been praticing everyday in back yeard using this tool called Planemate last couple weeks. Looking forward to start golfing and fishing.

Reactions: FFchampMT
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky