What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been doing union concrete work for 10 years ... prior to that I was in the army as a forward observer for the brigade recon team..

I've been in the IT world for 35+ years in various positions. I'm now a Sr.Data Engineer working for a leading Big Data provider and looking forward to retirement in 7 more years

I'm a team leader for the National Trust  (there isn't a US equivalent, but its about like leading a National Park ranger team).  However i'm thinking about going out on my own as a landscape contractor.

I'm also a writer - although i'm yet to get published, and a sometime wedding photographer

Generally a QA Engineer. It changed to "Software Development in Test" engineer, meaning I should be writing automation tests for everything and not be a manual tester, however as is the case with client software that interacts with a cloud, it isn't always possible to automate everything, and I am limited in what I can automate due to technology.

23 years for the same company (started taking support calls and worked my way "up").

Work from home so I can start items smoking and check on them when needed throughout the day, so can do these things for dinner more often that some.

Sheet metal worker, firefighter/first responder/ technical rescue tech, don't usually get alot of free time but when I do I like to make the most of it and hunt or fish which is great because that helps support my other hobby of smoking meat.. the thing I enjoy most about this forum is I don't have to spend alot of time researching recipes or techniques since everything is so readily available and has already been proven to work to some extent lol

I configure UPS systems for small IT closets all the way up to Data Centers. I also Bartend every other weekend to help fund my hobbies. 

Currently driving over the road through out the lower 48. I did 8 years in the Air Force, before getting medically retired for asthma. That was a going away present from Kuwait. I'm now in the process of finding a local driving job.
Then I can enjoy my family more often and smoke more meat. My 10 year old daughter always wants ribs. Time for sleep now.

I'm a physical therapist assistant.  I've been doing it now for almost 12 years.  I love it.  Weekends off so lots of time for family.  My main hobbies are my lawn and finance but I'm hoping to add smoking to that list!  

I'm a retired environmental biologist.  I spent 23 years sampling power plant lakes and lands, counting/measuring plants, fish, animals, whatever lived.  Then ten years with the Department of Transportation doing wetland and stream restoration and a final seven years doing wetlands/streams for a small private company.  Totally retired since 2010.

I have spent my whole working life in the Equipment Rental industry. I have worked for 3 companies doing this over the last 19 years. I love the industry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky