What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I work for a glue company in the warehouse maintaining the wet glue area for 50+ hours a week and on the weekends trying to restore a 78 F150 4x4 (while using it as a daily driver) and teach Sunday School thats another 10-15 hours of study every week (no wonder my smoker is lonely!)

Retired computer jock.. Ended up owning a software company, sold out after 10 years at the height of of the stock market, invested all in the early 2,000's, and watched it plummet.. From $14,000 to $6,500... So now I do, at the age of 63, whatever I can to hustle a buck.  Built decks, painted houses, laid tile, mowed lawns..Snagging deals off C/L and selling them for a reasonable price... It beats going to an office every day or flying around the country living out of hotel rooms!  

Retired computer jock.. Ended up owning a software company, sold out after 10 years at the height of of the stock market, invested all in the early 2,000's, and watched it plummet.. From $14,000 to $6,500... So now I do, at the age of 63, whatever I can to hustle a buck.  Built decks, painted houses, laid tile, mowed lawns..Snagging deals off C/L and selling them for a reasonable price... It beats going to an office every day or flying around the country living out of hotel rooms!  
Hey, another 63-year-old semi-retired computer guy here. Ran three little software companies (at different times) in the 80s and 90s.

a

Hey, Willie, That sounds like the average weekend honey-do list for a retired guy.

Service wrighter for the local Ford dealer by day and work for a good friend of mine who row crops and raises hogs,cattle and chickens, on evenings and weekends

Retired from the Postal Service in 2013 with 36yrs service. Now working part-time at a beer distributor keeping the warehouse clean. I seem to be busier now then when I was working full-time, not complaining though. I'm loving life being able to do things at my leisure.  I'm very lucky and have been truly blessed.

After the Marine Corps, I got my CDL and have been delivering groceries for almost 12 years now. Currently employed by US Foods after they bought out the company I started with.

Unemployed bum. was laid off a few months ago. Had a good interview yesterday so status might change. 66 years old and thought about retiring but that didn't suit wife's plans.

Process Technician for a auto plastic injection molding shop. Also work on automation equipment. Abb robots, Yusion robots,etc. We do parts for Ford,GM,VW,BMW.

drool.gif
Currently the best job I have ever had...RETIRED.;;.. after 48 years in machining, forging, automotive engineering , quality control and management. Finally getting to do some of the stuff I always promised myself I would do when the time came!

Just started smoking and actually doing some other cooking....more fun than I had Imagined.

My first pork ribs came out pretty good.

No complaints and no leftovers, so next is brining and smoking chicken. Soaking the bird  in Brine now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky