What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Retired from the military after 28 year as a light / heavy mechanic and later a nurse, did the same as a civilian, worked as a nurse for a while, then back to government (city). You think I would learn??
hit.gif

Sales Rep for a number of electronic and electromechanical products manufacturers.  Fans, Connectors, Power Supplies, Cable Assemblies, LCD Displays, Switches.  Boring stuff, but I love it.  The master plan is to have my own restaurant someday: Pizza, BBQ and delicious drinks! 

Home builder , construction worker and construction superintendent , one or the other over 50 years and now retired . I have 4 Masterbuilt smoker's with the cheapest one being my favorite one, heats to 375 degrees if needed . Putting my first brisket on in the mourning . Smoking fish next , OH and I have one charcoal smoker and one big enough for a small hog but never used that one but only paid $10.00 for it , made at a welding shop but needs an axle .

Finance manager at a car dealership, father to two awesome boys, and husband to a great stay at home wife.  I work for them and to feed my addiction to fishing.  I've been an addict for 37 of my 39 yrs on this planet.  There was no hope for recovery so I caved in and moved to Alaska 11 yrs ago.

I am a tour manager for a band out of Atlanta, Georgia. Got my first smoker for Xmas and I'm really looking forward to learning from all of you. Cheers!

I worked for Scotland Yard for more than twenty years [counter espionage/terrorism] before moving to an international private bank [becoming VP International].  

This led me to Pakistan when I resigned from the bank and went back to basics to what became the largest security organisation in Pakistan together with  logistics support and trading companies.  

I then discovered Thailand where I have now had homes for more than thirty years.   Currently I am on my farm in North East Thailand but visit my condo over looking the beach in Jomtien [next bay to Pattaya] on an average of once a month [I prefer the peace and tranquility of the farm!!!]. 

On the farm I have a bar and restaurant and recently bought a smoker [Masterbuilt] after a disappointing order for smoked virginia ham to complement my Christmas turkey.   Maybe beginners luck but everything is going well.   Wood chips very expensive here [one small box of oak, imported from US, is USD90 but this is compensated by the price of meat [eg chicken breasts at USD2 per Kilo -Thailand is the largest exporter of fresh chicken meat in the world so we "locals" benefit when there is an oversupply [I have eight deep freezers running on the farm so can pick the right time to buy!!!].

Look forward to communicating with everyone on the forum 

Iain

Reactions: smokinpapist
I'm a toolmaker for General Motors... Been there 39 yrs. Work at the Flint Michigan Truck plant. We build 3/4 and One ton Chevy's and GMC's. Just got my first Smoker 2 weeks ago... Having a blast figuring what to cook next..

Reactions: smokinpapist

I worked for Scotland Yard for more than twenty years [counter espionage/terrorism] before moving to an international private bank [becoming VP International].  

This led me to Pakistan when I resigned from the bank and went back to basics to what became the largest security organisation in Pakistan together with  logistics support and trading companies.  

I then discovered Thailand where I have now had homes for more than thirty years.   Currently I am on my farm in North East Thailand but visit my condo over looking the beach in Jomtien [next bay to Pattaya] on an average of once a month [I prefer the peace and tranquility of the farm!!!]. 

On the farm I have a bar and restaurant and recently bought a smoker [Masterbuilt] after a disappointing order for smoked virginia ham to complement my Christmas turkey.   Maybe beginners luck but everything is going well.   Wood chips very expensive here [one small box of oak, imported from US, is USD90 but this is compensated by the price of meat [eg chicken breasts at USD2 per Kilo -Thailand is the largest exporter of fresh chicken meat in the world so we "locals" benefit when there is an oversupply [I have eight deep freezers running on the farm so can pick the right time to buy!!!].

Look forward to communicating with everyone on the forum 

Iain
Wow, never expected someone from a farm in Thailand to be on here. Pretty darn cool. 

haha not sure how many of these you got here, but i'm a pastor. i've been a youth pastor for about 5 years "officially" (not counting volunteer)...associate for 2 ish. 

Retired from U S Air Force after 20 years, last duty was First Sergeant.  Then retired again from a health care system with two hospitals and multiple physician offices; was an informatics analyst for materials management.  Now just plain retired, kicking back enjoying life.

Pilot. 16 years with the airlines and 11 years corporate. Flew commuters for 9 years, JetStream 31 and Saab 340 then Freight for 6, Airbus A300. 11 years corporate pilot, 10 years flying a Beechcraft KingAir 350, got big in a year flying a Gulfstream G3.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky