What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I work for the Tulsa Fire Dept. It's the best job in the world!!! We smoke a lot of meat on duty and another fireman referred me to this forum

Been retired since '97.  Just do anything I damned well please - assuming I get up.  I have achieved my life's ambition,  to live long enough to become an old fart.  In my past life, I was a scientist, going from chem lab analyst to gamma ray spectroscopist.  Loved every minute of it for nearly 39 years.  Even got to do some deep ocean spectroscopy, and visited Davy Jone's locker over two miles down.

Reactions: hd7766
I'm curious to learn what y'all do to support this and your other hobbies.
I am the head chef at a family run smokehouse restaurant. The first of its kind in my region.

(I did do a search for this topic, couldn't find any evidence that this subject has come up before; if it has point me in the right direction!)

Myself, I've worked for the same company for 27 years - a fossil fueled (coal) power generation station. Worked rotating shifts for most of those years as a control room operator. Last July I took the salaried position of Database Coordinator; straight days, weekends & holidays off.

Retired carpenter local union 85 Rochester NY 
smilie_flagge13.gif

I'm a retired teacher: chemistry and forensic science. I was "raised" in the kitchen by my Russian Grandmother. My dad died in Korea, and my mom went to Seattle to work full time. She didn't drive, and so I just hung around the kitchen learning how to cook. After she passed away, I was only 14 and used to make the Christmas and Thanksgiving turkeys. I also was in the Air Force during Viet Nam, and ended up in Germany for several years. 

Retired as a conductor on the Penn Central, Conrail, and Norfolk Southern Railroads.  Retired for 5 years after 41.5 working.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky