What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As to my occupation, being 71 I really don't want to do anything, but the wife and I like BBQ's and when we were in CA we were shown the Traeger, we decided on the Green Mountain Grill and has now done Country Ribs and Cornish Hens.  Tomorrow we are going to do Smoked Ribs for the family.  I have been very pleasantly surprised by the moistness.  I have BBQ'd before but have never smoked, I can't believe the difference.  I will also be doing corn on the cob and baked potatoes in the smoker.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.

I work as a Paramedic for a private ambulance service that does both 911 and private transfers. I'm also a part time student that will hopefully get a degree in the next decade. lol.

"I am a Chef du Cuisine with the equivalent of 30 years experience. Continual learning is the key to success for anyone, especially a Chef. So, I am new here and soaking up all the knowledge, tips, tricks and traps I can and will post my own experiences, too.

I am also an Event Manager/Organizer/Planner and Foodservice Consultant with Catering and Concession operations on the go. It might seem like a lot, but it simply keeps me consistently busy, minimizing slow periods during the course of the year.

Thank you for having me here. I look forward to learning from you all."

Bill Hughes,

Wm Hughes Events and Promotions, Hospitality Services

BTW: my screen name comes from the fact that I play, build and repair guitars and am a Chef. People say I can cook up a guitar or that I cook on guitar - I am a Guitar Chef! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky