What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, I've done a lot of different jobs since getting out of the Army back in 86. I've built cars on an assembly line, programmed robotic mig welders and built houses just to name a few. I've worked in the printing industry for a long time now. I currently manage a printing department and a graphic design department for a multi-wall paper bag manufacturer.

I love my job as a Member Service Director for an electric cooperative.

Hobbies include smoking meats, cooking, baking, civic club, Bunco, raising King Charles Cavaliers, and recipe books.

I'm married, have raised three boys.  We live in a small, very rural farming community in northcentral Kansas. I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

I'm an engineer/ machinist. I work in a prototype shop. We do it all. There's only a few of us there, but we all do everything. The design and drawings, programming and setting up the machines, tool making, machining, and final assembly. I've been in the industry for about 20 years now and have worked for 3 different companies. I hope to not have to change jobs again. Best boss I've had bar none. Lots of bonuses. Plenty of perks, and a very easy work environment. In fact, he gets upset if you push yourself too hard. He's like the anti-boss. Most of the products we develop fall into the marine and aviation industries.We do anything, but these 2 industries make up 90% of our work.

Thing that occupies my time that produces money : Catering Chef for the same Company for 21 years as of June.

Home front jobs: husband, dad of 3 (1-step son & 2- daughter first marriage), farm hand ( we live on my Father-in Laws property 20 acres) and whatever he needs and the wife needs, she has a many mini animals and a preschool. Family cook........

Was self employed for 10 years in the flooring installation business. Sub contracted from several flooring companies. Did anything from a residential set of steps to 5000+ square yard commercial jobs. Got out of that almost two years ago. Thank you New York taxes and the cost of insurance. I am now a route sales rep for a world wide linen company. My route covers an area from Rochester to Buffalo. I have located The Sausage Makers location in Buffalo and drive by it once a week. I have yet to stop in because I don't want to spend the pennies saved for our kids Christmas.

Sent via Tap-A-Yap from David.

Fat.........lazy now.........and retired oilfield.

But please don't tell my momma that I worked in the oilfields. She has always thought I was a piano player in a whorehouse!!!!
yahoo.gif

mechanic/ heavy equipment mechanic, nuisance wildlife trapper, small welding and fabrication shop( mainly 4x4 trucks for trucks gone wild events)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky