What's your occupation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Sticky' started by sisco, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Physician

2. raastros2

raastros2 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Industrial electrician

3. Well, I've done a lot of different jobs since getting out of the Army back in 86. I've built cars on an assembly line, programmed robotic mig welders and built houses just to name a few. I've worked in the printing industry for a long time now. I currently manage a printing department and a graphic design department for a multi-wall paper bag manufacturer.

4. 25mike87

25mike87 Smoke Blower

Aircraft Hydraulic Systems Repair USAF, before that automotive technician for Lexus.

5. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Husband, Father of three, aircraft mechanic (KC-135's).

6. I am a poker dealer....:)  I have been doing that for 7 years now.

7. jayhawk55

jayhawk55 Newbie

I love my job as a Member Service Director for an electric cooperative.

Hobbies include smoking meats, cooking, baking, civic club, Bunco, raising King Charles Cavaliers, and recipe books.

I'm married, have raised three boys.  We live in a small, very rural farming community in northcentral Kansas. I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

8. I'm an engineer/ machinist. I work in a prototype shop. We do it all. There's only a few of us there, but we all do everything. The design and drawings, programming and setting up the machines, tool making, machining, and final assembly. I've been in the industry for about 20 years now and have worked for 3 different companies. I hope to not have to change jobs again. Best boss I've had bar none. Lots of bonuses. Plenty of perks, and a very easy work environment. In fact, he gets upset if you push yourself too hard. He's like the anti-boss. Most of the products we develop fall into the marine and aviation industries.We do anything, but these 2 industries make up 90% of our work.

9. Father of 1 (soon to be 2!), husband, lacrosse coach, high school English teacher (so make sure to cross your t's and dot your i's).

10. Lowly peasant farmer.

~Martin

11. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's your past time.. Who relies on the majority of your time? That, is your occupation..

12. Pastime? :biggrin:

~Martin

13. jarjarchef

jarjarchef Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thing that occupies my time that produces money : Catering Chef for the same Company for 21 years as of June.

Home front jobs: husband, dad of 3 (1-step son & 2- daughter first marriage), farm hand ( we live on my Father-in Laws property 20 acres) and whatever he needs and the wife needs, she has a many mini animals and a preschool. Family cook........

14. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Was self employed for 10 years in the flooring installation business. Sub contracted from several flooring companies. Did anything from a residential set of steps to 5000+ square yard commercial jobs. Got out of that almost two years ago. Thank you New York taxes and the cost of insurance. I am now a route sales rep for a world wide linen company. My route covers an area from Rochester to Buffalo. I have located The Sausage Makers location in Buffalo and drive by it once a week. I have yet to stop in because I don't want to spend the pennies saved for our kids Christmas.

Sent via Tap-A-Yap from David.

15. Land Surveyer

16. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Retired @ retired

17. 34 years in a supermarket.........Tired and Retired.   Wife, 32 years in the same, retired also but still full of energy.....Go figure.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  18. 25mike87

25mike87 Smoke Blower

I work on the KC-135's as well

19. Fat.........lazy now.........and retired oilfield.

But please don't tell my momma that I worked in the oilfields. She has always thought I was a piano player in a whorehouse!!!![​IMG]

20. mechanic/ heavy equipment mechanic, nuisance wildlife trapper, small welding and fabrication shop( mainly 4x4 trucks for trucks gone wild events)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012