whats your favorite wood for pork?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wafflestomper

Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
just trying to get a idea of what everyone chooses for their pork? I love the apple wood the best followed up by cherry...(and for poultry plum wood but thats a different thread)

I like a pecan and cherry mix

hummm pecan wood? I'm acctually allergic to nuts has anyone with nut allergies tried the nut woods?

I like Cherry mixed with maple. I use hickory also
icon14.gif

I go with what a lot of folks go with it seems.  I like a 50/50 mix of pecan and cherry, or pecan and apple.  I did up some pork tenderloins last night, and used some oak.  This was the first time I used oak.  It imbued a very smokey flavor.  The smoke flavor overpowered the rub.  I think that in the future I will save oak for beef, and go back to my pecan/fruit wood mix for pork.

I would definitely have to say apple wood. Followed by an apple/hickory mix.  I live in central WA so apple wood is readily available to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky