What's leftover after the burn?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ronyon

Original poster
May 18, 2021
I've never used any of these devices, so I just don't know-what residue is left behind after burn?
Charcoal? Ashes?

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome, there is only Fine Ash left from completely burned pellet. Occasionally there are a few partially burned pellets left in a corner or end...JJ

As said above all ashes & an occasional partially burnt pellet. Have found that if you nuke the pellets for 1 or 2 minutes prior to burning them it takes any moisture out of them & then you get mostly ash & the pellets keep smoldering the whole time. Good luck, hope this helps, and welcome to the forum!
Al

Microwaving the pellets helps, but....THEY GET EXTREMELY HOT! Place them in a Glass or Ceramic container and handle carefully...JJ

Reactions: Ronyon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky