whats in your smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Lawson Mo
I got a nice surprise at work, I get this weekend off!!! Then I'll start the normal 7 on 2 off rotation.

I'm not gonna let this weekend escape without some Q!  I picked up 2 slabs of spares for $1.50/lb yesterday so I'm prepping them for the UDS.

So now you know whats in my smoker...whats in your smoker?

I,ve got some marinated dove breasts soaking up some Tenderquick right now. They'll be in the smoker tomorrow along with a couple of rump roasts for sliced roast beef. Monday i wanna do up a tri-tip..

As I type I am sure that every creepy crawly bug and small varmit is whats in my smoker since its raining so hard and hailing too, that if those little pest value there life they will have all ready headed for the vent hole in the lids.

I'm not getting it as bad as the folks closer to I 70 are. There talkin about baseball size hail. WOW. That could dent up my drums.

Good Luck Lug, hope you have a great weekend even if it is a little rainy.

Nothing right now (maybe some flies, lol) -- getting some spares ready for tomorrow.  $1.69/lb good deal, not as good as yours, though.  Just got 1 rack -- gonna try something different (a bourbon marinade) and see how I like it.

Tom all I got was sprinkles...

MythMaster, not sure mine was a good deal, way fattier than the last ones I had..fat shouldn't run me 1.49/lb
icon_mad.gif

Mine aren't bad.  Got them trimmed up and chopped in half to fit in the MES last night before I put them in the marinade.  I'll get them going in a couple of hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky