What you guys think of this unit?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ever take a bath and notice the water cools down quite quickly in the tub. Anybody ever consider rigging up their Anova in the bath tub to make a poor mans hot tub to help keep a nice warm consistent 104° bath or would you risk getting shocked? Asking for a friend obviously!!!!!

how-often-do-i-need-to-shower-seinfeld.jpg

Ever take a bath and notice the water cools down quite quickly in the tub. Anybody ever consider rigging up their Anova in the bath tub to make a poor mans hot tub to help keep a nice warm consistent 104° bath or would you risk getting shocked? Asking for a friend obviously!!!!!
It's not a submersible water pump, sump pump or aerator so no way! Kinda like balancing a toaster on your head while bathing in a tub.

Reactions: SonnyE
I think in order to use a SV stick in a tub you've got to dismantle the latch hasp from the auxiliary drainage line. :D In all seriousness, I doubt the stick is powerful enough.

My wife has an old slow cooker that is a bbase (the heating unit) and a separate metal pot. use the pot and my stick type sv unit. The sv unit is a KITCHEN GIZMO brand, less than a hundred dollars. works great.

Reactions: zwiller
Seems I'm the only one who likes the whole water bath machine.
I got the "Sous Vide Supreme":
My main reason was because our kitchen in this Log Home is very small. Every drawer & every cabinet is stuffed tight.
We even have Kitchen things in another room & in a closet. So I got the Sous Vide Supreme, because it's neat Stainless Steel appearance looks nice sitting on the counter & very handy right next to the Kitchen Sink. We can fill, empty, and clean it without having to carry it. I can fill it with our flex hose sink sprayer. Easy-Peasy.

Another Plus is since it needs no circulator it makes ZERO Noise, but keeps the water heated to within 0.5° of my setting.

Bear

Reactions: zwiller
Bear, I got the idea of "water ovens" from you. The SVS looks nice just a little too much for me to spend yet. Do you feel limited my the size? If I can make some killer roast beef that would be great.

Bear, I got the idea of "water ovens" from you. The SVS looks nice just a little too much for me to spend yet. Do you feel limited my the size? If I can make some killer roast beef that would be great.

Nothing wrong with the sticks.
My Tiny Kitchen made me get the Sous Vide Supreme. Price was a bit high, but the thing is Awesome.
The size is fine, except it could be a little higher (Deeper). Many things I have to put in the rack laying flat, because if I try to stand them up on edge, a small amount would be out of the water.

And like I mentioned---No Noise, and I don't have to keep things away from a circulator.

Bear

Unfortunately, my wife has become vary protective of her counter space. Hence, a stick style sous vide and a lot of putting other things away when not in actual use. When we designed the house she planned the kitchen around the pots, pans and appliances already in the arsenal but did not plan for new stuff. And, I like new stuff.

Seems I'm the only one who likes the whole water bath machine.
I got the "Sous Vide Supreme":
My main reason was because our kitchen in this Log Home is very small. Every drawer & every cabinet is stuffed tight.
We even have Kitchen things in another room & in a closet. So I got the Sous Vide Supreme, because it's neat Stainless Steel appearance looks nice sitting on the counter & very handy right next to the Kitchen Sink. We can fill, empty, and clean it without having to carry it. I can fill it with our flex hose sink sprayer. Easy-Peasy.

Another Plus is since it needs no circulator it makes ZERO Noise, but keeps the water heated to within 0.5° of my setting.

Bear

Not so Bear.
I like my crackpot method. And so far, I've never seen my little buddy more eager for his dinner.

I don't take baths. I take showers.
I don't want to marinade in my BO or the dirt I've collected.
I want it washed away.

"What aftersave is that?"
"Oh, you like it? It's Ode de la toe jam, with a hint of crotch sweat and underarm perfumes. From my bath." LOL! :confused: :D

Our home has a Jacuzzi tub. The only one I know to have used it was a BIL. We go sit in in the dam spa on the pool with the Grandkids. Below body temperature. Don't want to damage anything.
I tell them to not spit water. Because, and I explain that water has been on their bottoms. Puts the kibosh on getting water in their mouths. :p

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky