What up?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoqdevil

Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Northern Kentucky
46yrs old, from Eastern NC, currently living in Northern KY. Been around smoking/cooking since I was a kid. My Family has an annual Pig Pickin' (In its 52nd year, this year)(about 400 people). Grew up, doing most of the work for the smokers (manning the Char barrel) so all my Dad and Uncles had to do was tell me when and where to shovel the coals under the hog. Progressed from there. I love this kind of cooking because the long cooking times always provide lots of time (and a good excuse) for hanging out and drinking with friends and family.
I would never say I'm an expert. I have successfully cooked almost everything but I have also struggled from time to time (keeping temps stable mainly) and cooked food that didn't meet my standards although rarely complaints from others. I have certainly invested in many different types of smokers (Green Egg, Homemade, Master Built, Pellet Types) currently I am using a 22" Weber Smoky Mountain Cooker with a DigiQ kit. Usually also use an idevices Bluetooth temp probes to monitor meat temp.
Love smoking and cooking in general. Always looking for new ideas, recipes and tips from other's experience. Prefer doing things the old fashion way when I have time but I find myself using new gadgets to make it easier because I just don't make the time very often to do things the way I was taught. Usually stay true to family recipes but cooking methods vary depending on time. Glad to be a new member of the forum!

Welcome from SC. It's good to have you on this great site. You moved from great Q country to great bourbon country. ?????? I can buy good bourbon, but I'd rather make my own Carolina Q.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe

A smoker with experience, glad you're here.

You're going to fit right in.

I'm just a newbie trying to learn from all the great

knowledge here.

I just stopped by to say hello.

Enjoy.

Ed

welcome1.gif

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky