What type of prices for appetizers??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
I am smokin' spares and abt's for a family gathering in a couple of weeks. I am just wandering what the going price is for abt's. I am buying a 1/2 bushel, that is around 125 japs, not all will be abt's. I split them in half, so of course it will be double (50=100), wrapping with bacon and a lil smokey link and cream cheese.

Any info would be appreciated. 

You asking for a selling price or what the cost will be to make 50 abts???

I have seen other catering companies charge $20-$22.50  a dozen. They are cored and not halved.  Figure your cost for everything and add your profit. You may end up right around the price I have seen. Hope that helps. BTW This catering company was in Reno NV

Try cost times X 

If you can get the stuff to make em cheap x = 3 if it cost ya a bit x=4\

No less than  $2 each if your making 100. abt's are very labor intensive. more so than most meats you will smoke.

Just look at most caterers ,they charge at least a dollar for a small square of cake.

baked in a large sheet pan and sliced.

ALOT less labor than ABTs

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky