What to do

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hank2000

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Louisville, ms
i have a piece of brisket in the frig it’s not the point but a piece of the flat I’m going to try and do burnt ends with it I will do this on the MES already getting hot. I am also going to smoke a 4 1/2lb boneless prime rib on the Traeger Now here is the question I have a small Boston butt in the refer and I need some help with what to do with it. Ok boys and girls I’m listening oh by the way I have not looked to see what the temp is outside yet but it was 12 degrees in the MES when I turned it on

I'm not sure if the flat will work for burnt-ends. Personally I would cook to slice - let us know how it works. Prime rib sounds good(always a family favorite), and the butt I would cook to pull and freeze it in single serving packs for another day.

Chris

I would do that for the butt. But I cooked big one yesterday to pull and freeze. The flat may not work but I think I will try it anyway. Never know till u try

If you don't want to smoke the butt, then if you have a grinder I would make some sausage with it.
You can make breakfast sausage and freeze them in patties, or we make Hot Italian sausage & put it in 1# bags & vac pack them & freeze them. The HIT sausage is great for tacos, or spaghetti, or ABT's, or any number of dishes.
Al

That sounds good. As crazy as this sounds I have read where some have made burnt ends from pork belly. I cut a hunk off I’m going to try it from a butt if it works great if not well I tried something new.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky