What to buy and What to do to it in order to smoke properly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rudy8601

Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Hello everyone I am in the reasearch phase for a new grill and want something that i can smoke plenty of food with and also still grill when i want to; I am leaning towards the Chargriller w/SFB.  I was hoping to get some help on what i need to do it once its out of the box as far as mods and other equipment to buy.

Thanks again and happy cooking.

Optimally you would need two rigs, one for grilling and one for smoking.....that said I have seen a chargriller duo unit with gas grill on one side and a horizontal smoker with SFB on the other, It looked pretty cool to me.

icon_cool.gif

I personally like gas units the bet but thats me too. I would also suggest that you go with 2 units. I have 2 of each on my back porch/ outdoor kitchen and I can smoke up a storm also. Now I would recommend the Smoke Vault 24" it's a great smoker and it will not let you down as lng as you have gas.

Try using the handy dandy search tool up top.

You will find tons of info!!

Have a great day!!

Craig

Lots of choices to be sure and many on here have their favorite styles...electric, gas, side burners, charcoal etc. I switched to a gasser as well for control and convenience but I was seriously considering a MES 40 and still may eventually get one. Whatever you get it seems there is always some mod you'll wanna do after a while....or a bigger unit you want..lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky