What part to use

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grabber

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 3, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Hi Guys.  I've been making bacon for awhile but I always seem to get the portion with the fatty end.  Is there any way to order a specific section to get a lot of meat from the belly.  Mine doesn't have anywhere near the amount of meat that the store bought stuff has.  Thanks in advance.

What are you ordering now? Center Cut is streaky and pretty balanced. Ordering Skinless will be leaner as well. Have you considered Buck Board Bacon made from Pork Butt?...JJ

I just get the whole belly.  It's not bad but not like in supermarket.  Was thinking about BB Bacon.

Yeah, if you get a whole belly order it skinless. There will be a little less fat but you get what you get. I know it is not Heart Healthy but I prefer the rich taste and delicate melt in your mouth crispness you get from the Bacon Fat. I am more disappointed every time the Belly's arrive Lean...JJ

Yeah, I got great reviews when I made it and passed some around for hunting camps.  Plus, wasn't near as salty as store bought crap.  Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky