What is your NFL Wildcard Weekend menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
Six games spread over three days … need a lotta food to hole up with … have any plans yet?

I'm a Steelers fan living in FL, and a friend is a Chiefs fan living in CA. I jokingly challenged him to a virtual rib cook-off since our teams are playing each other, then we spent an hour arguing over whose team is worse. I was arguing the Steelers are worse, he was arguing the Chiefs are worse :emoji_joy:

Gotta go with chicken thighs . . . used to be wings! Buffalo Chicken Dip is a staple, Chili, and all the talk of Ribs has made me want to try Boneless Ribs . . . which for some reason led me towards Poor Mans burnt ends as well!
1642084561980.png

Reactions: 912smoker
Wings! Born and raised a bills fan. Eat them religiously with every game. Looking forward to Saturday night!

Reactions: mcokevin
Whenever I hosted parties for Super Bowl, always made things for which the team cities were known. Of course, have to pick and choose for this weekend, don’t think I need 12 different things!

I was raised upstate NY, so For Saturday will be wings and maybe beef on weck for Buffalo and New England clam chowder.

Sunday going to be ribs and maybe burnt ends for KC, and pierogies for Pittsburgh.

Monday likely to be leftovers, though I already have some pulled pork for Al pastor tacos.

Reactions: BaxtersBBQ
Probably yardbird legs using the Vortex on the Weber, never buy wings anymore. Already got bets down on the Niners, Bills, and Raiders, not crazy about big spreads on the other Sunday games. RAY

Reactions: BaxtersBBQ
Probably yardbird legs using the Vortex on the Weber, never buy wings anymore. Already got bets down on the Niners, Bills, and Raiders, not crazy about big spreads on the other Sunday games. RAY
I haven’t had them in a while too. It’s crazy i can get drums or thighs less than half the price of wings. Last I saw, a chicken has 2 of each of those.
Not sure I’d lay any bets as crazy as this season has been … just getting the winner irrespective of spread can be a challenge.

Big time Raider fan that lived through their heyday (yes 40 some years ago). Wings, ribs and sausage on my menu. Probably will cook enough on Saturday, (Bengals vs Raiders is on Saturday)….to last through Monday.

Reactions: negolien
I haven’t had them in a while too. It’s crazy i can get drums or thighs less than half the price of wings. Last I saw, a chicken has 2 of each of those. Not sure I’d lay any bets as crazy as this season has been … just getting the winner irrespective of spread can be a challenge.

Wings are $2.99lb at my local Sam's, bird legs 92¢lb. Three times the meat for 1/3 the price, sign me up!

It was a tough year but I've managed to get to the playoffs dead even with a late season come back. I have a BetMGM account and just like to bet $20-$50 a game, makes it more fun for me. Playoff time, price of poker goes up!

• Wow
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
wildcard weekend is the same as drink and shoot weekend out this way. Skeet contest and if you miss…… yup.

we have power by generator at the cabin and an antenna so not sure what games we will get to watch between the competition rounds. But something will be on the tv.

as for food we have burgers, brats, & dogs on grill and probably a chili or soup cooking on the wood stove.

hydration will not be a problem that much I’m sure of.

scott

Gonna throw down a pork butt for some nachos while I keep my fingers crossed that the Birds can give Brady an early exit. Maybe I'll throw on some poor man burnt ends too...hmmm.

Edit: of course, with a fine selection of bourbons to wash everything down.

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Wings! Born and raised a bills fan. Eat them religiously with every game. Looking forward to Saturday night!
great or horrible game depending which side of the field you were on. My wings didn’t turn out as good as my clam chowder, but the game did! (Originally from western NY)
Condolences on the Raiders bet … bet you were dying at the end.
Big time Raider fan that lived through their heyday (yes 40 some years ago). Wings, ribs and sausage on my menu. Probably will cook enough on Saturday, (Bengals vs Raiders is on Saturday)….to last through Monday.
Hopefully your food made up for the outcome. And I did same as you … have the ribs and burnt ends ready for today.

After the complete beatdown the Pats took the only thing left to root for is Brady and the Bucs taking an equally as bad beating though somehow I doubt that's going to happen.

As far as food goes some nice smoky pulled pork is on the menu for today.

After the complete beatdown the Pats took the only thing left to root for is Brady and the Bucs taking an equally as bad beating though somehow I doubt that's going to happen.

As far as food goes some nice smoky pulled pork is on the menu for today.
Yeah, I’m guessing the Bucs either lose close or win big.

Yesterday was some bird parts, today will be some elk steak! Coarse I tend to snack on jerky and sticks throughput the day too.

Condolences on the Raiders bet … bet you were dying at the end.

I didn't get to watch that game, Dish TV is having a contract spat with the local NBC affiliate here. Won't see the Chiefs game either due to that, wasn't going to bet it anyway, but I still called up and complained. I'm a life long Niner fan, love a dog that I think will win a game outright, loaded up! Was up early this morning getting a rack of beef ribs I backed off a standing rib roast into the crockpot with some onions, carrots, celery, beef broth, and wine, easy peasy dinner. I'll pause the game at kickoff and eat, that way I can just fast forward thru commercials, I seem to hate them more than ever. Maybe some sprouts and a cauliflower mash.
DSCN3590.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky