• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

what is your favorite type of smoked cheese?

aanthony

Joined Nov 27, 2013
I've smoked montery jack, cheddar and gouda with varying degrees of success. Cheddar is a good base cheese, but gouda is my favorite. Montery jack didn't wow me, it was too bland to stand up to the smoke flavor. I'd like to try something new and I'm curious what cheeses you all recommend...

piaconis

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 9, 2012
I get Guggisberg baby swiss out here and smoke it.  The last time I smoked it, people raved about it.  I'm not a big swiss fan, even I think it tastes excellent smoked.  You may want to consider Jarlsberg as well.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I have 2 favorites.

Sharp cheddar and mozz.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 7, 2008
I have to agree with c farmer. those are my two favorites as well.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 21, 2009
I really like smoked American cheese... cream cheese is awesome...and I like Mozzerella when its whole milk...not part skim.

SOB

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
My favorite cheese is a goat cheese from Spain called, "Nevat" that has almost a brie texture.

I love serving it with figs, (as shown from my plate here) and now wonder if I could smoke a whole wheel of that AND the figs too?

Or would it just be one runny and gooey mess??? Interesting thread! Happy Friday to all! Cheers! - Leah

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.