What is your favorite thing to smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe you should consider putting some baby ointment or some Aloe Vera in as well. Perhaps it would help with "the burn" that will be sure to come the next morning.
icon_rolleyes.gif

A whole turkey pickled in curing brine for a week, the breasts pumped, then smoked to a delicasy perfection! It's a combination of bacon, ham and turkey all rolled into one, something for some reason slams my tastebuds over the top with palatable pleasures! My maiden smoke in my smokehouse is going to be just that; a whole turkey and a whole chicken. I like chicken, but there's just something about the velvety goodness of turkey that can't compare! I was like that as a kid, too. We had 24/7 access to all the hams, bacons, shoulders, cured and smoked chickens, ribends, loinends, pork butts, ham hocks, tongues, kidneys, sausages, dried beef, etc. we could eat, but nothing compared to the Christmas/New Year's pickled and smoked turkeys. They were a true delicasy and were carved and buffeted as such; dad would layer slices of breast meat all around the outside of a 14" aluminum pizza pan and cut up into cubes the thigh meat stuck on multi-colored party saran'd toothpicks in the center, creating a vision of "GET-IT-BEFORE-IT'S-GONE!!!" buffet you clawed to get to first! Of course, us kids got swept out of the way at the Christmas and New Year's parties by the drunk adults clamoring for it but we'd get what was left; I'd even sit under the table skirt licking off the platter if I could, lol! Nothing better than smoked turkey and a forgotten half-finished whiskey sour purloined off a table, lol!

After the Chuckie's I did on Tuesday I'd have to rank them...

1. Chuckies
2. BB's
3. ABT's and Chicken Balls
4. Meatloaf
5. Brisket...

Not a huge chicken fan so its way down on the list.. I need to actually do some Butts since the last one I did didnt get eaten it ended up on the deck thanks to a overzealous 17yr old just wanting to help.. I was walking from the smoker through the slider and he had shut the screen.. I bounced off and as I tried to maintain control of the pan with the Butt on it...Well lets just say it went SPLAT!!!

I have a chuckie in the freezer calling out to me. I've seen the chuckie for Italian beef mentioned before, but please help this noob. What is "Italian beef" and how is it made?

I am guessing whole chicken, but is it hard as I am new and am still learning to smoke more things. This coming weekend going to smoke fish

OCTOPUS!!!!!!!!!! And CUTTLEFISH!!!!!!!!! And COBIA, CHILEAN SEA BASS, WHOLE SARDINES (as I can eat the head, body, bones, skin, and all), and SNAILS, and ALLIGATOR!!!!!!!!!!

WON-DER-FUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!! - Leah

OCTOPUS!!!!!!!!!! And CUTTLEFISH!!!!!!!!! And COBIA, CHILEAN SEA BASS, WHOLE SARDINES (as I can eat the head, body, bones, skin, and all), and SNAILS, and ALLIGATOR!!!!!!!!!!

WON-DER-FUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!! - Leah
Now here is a menu to drool over!!!!!!!!

as for my vavorite we dabble in meats for the crowds and Kangaroo/Alligator for us but there always seems to be cheese in the smoker, you can never have enough around....

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky