What is this? Thai Purple Podded Yard Long Bean??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
I got a bunch of these today from a friend. I have had the long green beans and they were outstanding. BUt I cooked them as green beans for the most part.

These though even smaller in diameter, seem more like a skinny crowder pea instead of some red bean??

I googled and as usually sweet and spicy beans. 

I am definately am not going to shell the peas....LOL

Suggestions or ideas?

BTW I tryed to boil a handful tonight and it doesn't look promising.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OMG TUFF!! steaming doesn't work either!

Last edited:
I didn't boil the heck out of 'em Richie but I steamed the heck out of 'em. Did she say they were like crowder peas? Real dry outer husk with peas inside?

In that case I'll go start boiling some.

Maybe turn the water purple and I'll have a new Easter egg dye....LOL

See Ray someone always knows what to do...... 

I didn't boil the heck out of 'em Richie but I steamed the heck out of 'em. Did she say they were like crowder peas? Real dry outer husk with peas inside?

In that case I'll go start boiling some.

Maybe turn the water purple and I'll have a new Easter egg dye....LOL

See Ray someone always knows what to do...... 
No she said boil till tender Asian beans so who knows

The Asian LOL

Richie

No she said boil till tender Asian beans so who knows

The Asian LOL

Richie
I never doubt'd her. The same person last year brought me some of these supper long green beans, and I loved them.

But with these purple, the skin or husk is more dry. BTW I did Boil the H*** out of a bunch, almost tender but not bad.

Supper;

Fried chicken tenders, fried okra, fried butternut, a new tater (cooked with the purple beans), & purple beans w/ a little homemade bacon .....

Not a single complaint. BTW Thank your bride for me pretty please.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky