What Is The Oddest Thing You've Smoked ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dick bullard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Lombard, Il.
Okay....Okay...now, now! We're talking in the smoker....every day someone post something new they've smoked.....(GRAPES) REALLY ! How someone thought of that I'll never know... what was the thought progression ???? I must not be that imaginative, but I bet some of you have been.... So fess up and tell us about that one time when you decided to color outside of the lines...pulled out all the stops.....was goin to leave no stone unturned on your search for the 1st of it's kind smokin !!! So here it goes......it's yer turn.......take the stage....

Rick

see'n how this thread is in the classifieds, I once smoked a cordless drill, actually it caught on fire.
Anyone intrested in a slightly darkened drill, CHEAP.

Seriously, I ain't gone to far out there on odd smokeages.

Okay I'm in the Classified.....blame it on these cheap bi-focals....at least I managed to keep the printing on the page (I hope)..........

Muskrat, Beaver tail, Deer heart (yuk), Rattler, Cabbage ( not smoked long enough it was raw and yucky ) My ov glove ( don't ask ) , squirrel, geoduck, Crabs, Oysters, Pigs ears ( for the dogs ) Garlic bulbs, Three grasshoppers on a dare ( not bad tasting actually won $10.00 ) Ukrainian borscht which was wonderful smoked, and a pair of scissors it melted the Scissor handles right off and onto a rack of ribs
icon_cry.gif
I had to throw throw whole lot away.

Never noticed it was in the classifieds..... I once was weed eating along the fence and my electric weed eater caught fire and burned to a plasticky mess. We all howled our butts off at that while my mother in law panicked making it even funnier.

I smoke my credit cards all the time....then of course that's not in my smoker.......

Q Dawg

Nothing too exotic . . . frozen burritos, corn dogs. Both turned out very good by the way.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

As far as the non-food items go . . . back in high school me and a buddy hooked a 3" speaker to his very powerful guitar amp. Cranked it up while he played away. Center of the speaker started smoking and then actually caught fire.
biggrin.gif

Dave

I have done Cheetos and pop corn kernels.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the move 'bmudd'......guess I should have done it myself....but don't know how even if I could....!!!

Rick

I guess frog legs would be the oddest. Did a cheesecake before........might seem odd. I don't know......most anything I eat has been attempted in the smoker at least once. LOL

Closeup.JPG

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
didnt have a smoker back then but them munchies led to some huge bbq's on the grill. remember my mother bought this brand new kenmore rotissery grill. it was there top of the line charcoal model and it was her pride and joy... borrowed it one we and not knowing nothing about drip pans or stuff like that proceeded to make this bunch a ribs and chicken.... well not really watching the grill like i should have the fat dripped onto the coals and naturally start on fire. burnt the paint right off the dang thing... even the metal was warped and the door with the tempered glass in it never did work the same. she was hottttt! so guess the weirdest thing i smoked be my moms grill!!!

I did some rabbit before I had any idea how to smoke, it turned out freaking horrible. I also did some goose breast that was amazing, thanks to Johns (Bandcollector) recipe.

I've done acorn squash and apples too that turned out nice.

Those look cool! To bad they weren't good.

I would say the blooming Spam is the weirdest thing I have smoked...oh and dove hearts on jalapenos w/ cream cheese (kinda like abt's) those where both pretty good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky