What is the best smoke temp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinmad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Guys and Gals and all you MeatHeads......

What is the best temp to absorb smoke in meat?  I read an article that said the best temps for absorbing smoke, was LOW. I gathered that the Longer your meat stayed Wet or Moist, the longer it absorbed. It said that if you throw the meat on a 300 degree cooker the meat COOKS and hardens the outside of the meat, making it hard to absorb smoke......

SmokinMad
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

I don't know about temp but I do believe a moist surface helps smoke penetration and a dry surface locks in the internal moisture of the meat.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/wet-to-dry-no-foil-smoke-chamber-method-for-smoking-meats
S2K9K.....This wasn't the article I read, but it very well could have been. Very good information...Thank You.....I'm no Butcher, but I've butchered my share of good meats...Those years are over, now that I've found the forum....With thread makers such as your and Well I better not start naming names, Wouldn't want to leave any one out and get my self in trouble....I think learning on this site is gonna be a "Mucha Tastey a Situation" to borrow an Arby's new Fraze...Thanks Brother..

SmokinMad

S2K9K.....This wasn't the article I read, but it very well could have been. Very good information...Thank You.....I'm no Butcher, but I've butchered my share of good meats...Those years are over, now that I've found the forum....With thread makers such as your and Well I better not start naming names, Wouldn't want to leave any one out and get my self in trouble....I think learning on this site is gonna be a "Mucha Tastey a Situation" to borrow an Arby's new Fraze...Thanks Brother..

SmokinMad

Just to be clear, I did not write that article, it was written by forluvofsmoke (Eric), he has quite a few articles and threads on here describing this method and many other threads that go into great detail and are full of a lot of education for anyone who is wanting to step up their game! I have learned so much from him and I suggest to anyone who wants to learn more to give Eric a read, you won't regret it!

S2K9K....I caught that you didn't write it...Your right tho...it was a very well written and thought out piece... Gonna do a search for him and do some learning.....I have a uncle who did some competitions, so I need much a learning to catch up with him..Thanks again

SmokinMad

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky