What Is It?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Not sure where to post this so feel free to move it Moderators

Do you know what it is?
IMG_0168.jpg

We have gold fish ponds in our back yard and a course frogs
Granddaughter has been trying to catch one so she could eat it. So I went to a local seafood market and bought some as pop pop should.
Can you believe $14.00 a pound could of bought some nice steak for that price. Anyway on with the cooking.

I live in Maryland on the Eastern Shore we use Old bay on or in everything.
Breading mix.
IMG_0169.jpg

All breaded and ready to fry.
IMG_0170.jpg

Just plain old veggie oil.
IMG_0171.jpg

Frying up.
IMG_0172.jpg

Getting close to done.
IMG_0173.jpg

Tasted pretty good.
IMG_0174.jpg

Granddaughters taking their first taste.
IMG_0175.jpg

Must have been pretty good.
IMG_0176.jpg

In my younger days we caught our own. Use to catch 25 - 30 a night spot light and blind them then grab them.
Use to work in a team one lighted them the other grab them.

I know this is not smoking or grilling but thought you might enjoy it
Thanks for looking.

Warren

Looks great. I spent 4 years on the Eastern shore of VA around the Wachapreague area. Unique place that’s for sure

I love frog legs. I’ve loved them for year since as a kid a buddies dad would gig a bunch. At my old place the pond was loaded with bullfrogs. Man those ones you bought are HUGE!

As a guy who works part time and just got done working at a tropical fish store, am I allowed to say that looks incredible. Unfortunately, back to,the full time job tomorrow.

You are a very good pop pop.
Great job on the cook.
Thankfully the critters appreciated it too.

Love frog legs.
I had wild caught frog legs many years ago. I liked them. Tasted like chicken.
Wild frog legs around here aren't worth the effort. Need those southern extra bull legs.
Texture is chicken, but a slight fishy gamy flavor to me. Still great.

I wouldn't go that far unless you are planning an extravagant buffet of mixed meats.

Uh...Yeah! Frogs Legs, Escargo and Fried Calamari Appetizers. Main Course Tournedos Rossini...JJ☺

The dish comprises a beef tournedos (filet mignon), pan-fried in butter, served on a crouton, and topped with a hot slice of fresh whole foie gras briefly pan-fried at the last minute. The dish is garnished with slices of black truffle and finished with a Madeira demi-glace sauce.

Tournedos_Rossini_with_Truffle_Madeira_Sauce.jpg

Wow Warren those are huge!
I haven't had them in years but after seeing yours I might need to find some and fry them up.

Warren, it's been awhile since I've eaten them, but I love them. They're hard to find commercially around me, though.

Thanks everyone for all the likes and comments. Md. now has a limit on how many you can catch (12) didn't use to be that way.

Warren

Looks Great Warren!!
I love Frog Legs!
We used to shoot them, when I was a little fellow.
My Dad & My Brother used 22 Rifles, but I was only between age 6 & 10 in those years, so I had to use My BB gun. That was fine, but I had to call in help, when the Snakes showed up.
I get a couple legs now & then, when Bear Jr gets tired of the big ones keeping him awake, from outside his bedroom window in his Pond.
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky