• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is everyone smoking, grilling or stewing for Labor Day 2014

ristau5741

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 14, 2013
Plan is to smoke some baby back ribs on Saturday.

Stew some okra and tomatoes on Sunday.

Grill some beef kebabs on Monday.

Got to make it to the community pool sometime too,

before it closes for the season.

welshrarebit

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 20, 2014
I know work is a four letter word but yes I'll be working BOTH of my jobs that day! I'm trying to get the AM job off because it's my youngest daughter's b-day! But my PM job is paying me double time so there's no way I'm missing that! What might I be smoking? Could be a prime, or some marlin, or some pork belly... Unfortunately, none of them will be for me to be eating!

mnmbrewing

Joined May 21, 2014
OK got almost 40# of pork butt in the brine last night.  19# turkey brining nicely as well.  Rub for pork is made.  Rub for brisket is made.  Need to stop tonight on the way home and buy a couple of whole chickens and brine them up tonight.  Tomorrow before sunup I will introduce the pork and beef to the rub and fire up the smoker.  No rub for the turkey or chicken as the wife wants them for pot pies.

My goal is to have the smoker loaded before sun up and me just after sun up!

grillmonkey

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 15, 2014
Chef JimmyJ style spare ribs Sunday. Maybe some Reinhard style beef back ribs Saturday Or Monday.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.