What is a simple or ordinary thing that you can't do well.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This gave me a good laugh. I always thought it was weird how leftie customers hold their hand when writing cheques. Took me a while to figure that out....

Father also left-handed but got taught (by the ruler method) to write with the right hand.
Third grade teacher used a half-meter stick. She told me my left hand was evil. I came home one day with a black n' blue left hand and was about to get a whippin' for fighting when I confessed what happened. My 4'11" Italian mom dragged me back to school and confronted the teacher and principle. After that, no problem. Still writing and poking my phone's keyboard with my evil hand.

I play sports right-handed, though. Another story. Can't throw left-handed at all.

It takes a lot more brains to be a lefty ...
Actually it's just more concentration on simple tasks. lol
My dad was a south paw that went to a Catholic school in Cicero Ill. He told me stories of his left hand being hit and actually tied up to make him right handed. It didn't work. He was a hell of a carpenter and our handwriting are really identical even though I'm a righty.

Sorry, I had to...
i-know-lets-have-a-spelling-contest-doc-holliday-53782153.png

Good news! I can at least drink with both hands! But you all can ask my wife...yes, the southpaw, in her right mind...she corrupted me years ago...not my fault she can't fix me now! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Let's see...

Make a good, solid bar chord...there's always at least ONE string that doesn't quite depress, because this thumb

20230108_093016_resized[337.jpg

does not lend itself well to making bar chords...can't keep it on the center-back of the neck to SAVE MY LIFE (cramps up when I try), so the neck rests in the crook at the base of my thumb.

🤣Funny thread! I cannot fold any clothes or towels straight or neatly. It drives my OCD wife nuts, for years she thought I did it on purpose to get out of helping. But, I kept explaining to her that even when I was enlisted, before inspections, I would spit shine other people’s boots in trade for folding my shirts, skivvies, and towels. No matter how hard I try, or how long I take, I can never fold things nicely.

My weakness was "Spitshining Boots".
So every place we went, after Vietnam, I took Mrs Bear along.
She kept my boots & uniforms looking Perfect & Strack. She kept me "Super Numerary" 17 times in a row. Each of those came with a 3 day pass, and we were in Hawaii.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky