What is a simple or ordinary thing that you can't do well.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not necessarily simple or ordinary but I suck at guitar playing. Been playing for four years now and I have more guitars than talent. I just haven't got the rhythm but I do enjoy it.
I'll think of more things I can't do.

Last edited:
Reactions: pit 4 brains
The answer to "What I can't do" could take hours. But if I wanted to know my top 10, I'd just ask my wife.

Off the top of my head,
Whistle through my fingers
Decently smoke salmon
Find something watchable on a TV with over 300 channels
Find a shopping cart with FOUR good wheels
Work up on my roof anymore (Just found that out recently)
Keep my mouth shut when someone deserves a truthful answer

Not necessarily simple or ordinary but I suck at guitar playing. Been playing for four years now and I have more guitars than talent. I just haven't got the rhythm but I do enjoy it.
I'll think of more things I can't do.
Keep after it.. I could never play a kazoo. My oldest son can play acoustic, electric, bass, euphonium, tuba or anything else he picks up. Daughter is an artist, youngest is a gymnast. I think I'm gonna order up some DNA tests.

Add me to the "can't spell to save my life" group.
Also can't let out a loud whistle.
As for rice, 2 to 1 ratio water to rice. A big slice of butter and some salt. Bring to a boil, add rice, and stir so each grain gets buttered. Turn off heat and put the lid on the pot. When it quits boiling, stir again and put the lid on. Wait 15 to 20 mins (depending on how soft you want the rice to be). Eat.
Gary
Nope.. That just sticks to the bottom of the pot ...:emoji_disappointed:

I am not an artist. I almost failed art class in HS (that was back before teachers had to accept that some have no talent or skill or motivation whatsoever. I lack the first two so the third came naturally.

Golf. I've tried and tried.

Rinse the rice 10x in warm water until you wash out the dust leftover from the dehulling process.

Write or eat right handed... Sure would be in trouble if something were to happen to my left hand ...

I hear ya brother. From a fellow southpaw.
Fellow lefty or those of us in our right mind!
Learned to do a lot of things with my right hand including eat, dial a telephone, turn a wrench or screwdriver, and computer mouse.

Learned to write with my right hand after breaking my left hand. Took about 3 days for my writing to be legible, but after 8 weeks it was pretty good. Sadly let that skill lapse.
Something I cannot do comfortably do without the left is wipe. It just ain't natural!

I’m the opposite, I swear my left arm and hand are attached to my body simply to balance it out!
Wife says the same thing, but somehow, she is an excellent piano player.

"Keep my left hand clean when I write." -said all lefties everywhere
%2Fbf%2F7a%2F05%2Fbf7a05bc609ecdd20e5bc375a839b1b8.jpg

Golf. I've tried and tried.
Amen.
I was taught how to swing a bat in a professional baseball school when I was in Jr high. Never made anything of it outside of asst coaching little league. I can knock a filbert nut a 1/4 mile but the golf ball is just out of my strike zone.

"Keep my left hand clean when I write." -said all lefties everywhere
I don't have the left-hand hook thanks to a left-handed mother that fought the grade sckool teachers to look in a mirror and see a right-handed tips it left and a left-handed tips it right. I tried and lost with my left-handed son, as the teacher was a F... C.. and refused to believe she could be possibly wrong in anything. Mom was stay at home and stay in their face. I had to work.
Father also left-handed but got taught (by the ruler method) to write with the right hand.
^^^^Robin Williams Golf Skit....youtube that and laugh your butt off if you have never seen it.
I still LMAO when I see that. RIP Robin Williams one of the finest comedians ever!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky