what doesn't burn?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
I almost exclusively use #masterbuilt lump charcoal in my MB 560 gravity feed. Getting ready to do up a picanha this afternoon, and decided to clean the bin grate real good so i have a good base of lump to light. The grid would not pull out but was wedged. Reached all the way to the bottom of the bin and found this. not trying to be a whiny little b'$%ch, cause things happen. pretty good chunk of rock that came from one of my last two bags. granted MB lump is only $15 at wally world but i dfind the burn better that royal oak. except the shit that doesn't burn.
carry on.
mb rock scaled 2.jpg

I suppose if you get it hot enough it'll burn...
The quality of a lot of things seems to have come down in the last couple of years.
I've always used Kingsford Mini-Logs in my offset for Hickory or Mesquite, but the last couple of years the bags have had huge pieces instead of the smaller splits.
More like fireplace wood....

Never tried MB lump. I'm a Frontier fan.
I wonder if that rock is what caused your recent problem?
I don’t think so. I just regularly remove the grid so it’s clean at the bottom. It was just acocrete/limestone chunk. Didn’t impede other lumps from. Urning

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky