What Does "ABT" Stand For?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lol... it's short for "Atomic Buffalo Turds"..... you asked!

Originally ABT's are left whole and cooked vertically in a rack, where poppers are split lengthwise and cooked horizontaly.

It's always gotta be SOMEBODY!

Today it was me. 
bluesbros.gif
laugh1.gif

texas.gif

I thought poppers where breaded and deep fried. Or does it matter?
I think they can be either/or but not 100% sure. Course according to my wife I don't know @^#^% half the time anyway, so I may not be correct on any of this.... lol.
wife.gif

I've always wondered how the naming party associated a stuffed pepper cooked in a smoker or on a grill with a buffalo's stool.

They really don't look alike, and I hope above hope that they don't taste the same!

They are amazing and if buffalo turds actually taste like abts then we have been missing out. Except my last batch. Hottest Jalapenos Iv ever had and I like habaneros.

well wrap em in bacon amd smoke em they do resemble dung. and ive even ate a few off a floor. well we dropped a rack on a garage floor one time. a few of us decided they were to good to toss.

by the way i see bacon the 5th food group in a signature rodriguez, lol. heres my motto. if you dont like bacon, your wrong. lmao.

well wrap em in bacon amd smoke em they do resemble dung. and ive even ate a few off a floor. well we dropped a rack on a garage floor one time. a few of us decided they were to good to toss.
Welcome back, Big Game Cook!  Great to see ya posting!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky