what do you use to shred the pork in LARGE quantities besides forks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ya i looked into those, but I heard there really hard to clean with the inset squares underneath.....  they look bad ass though!  wolverine!

have you heard of meat rakes?  i think im going to buy a set of those.  my wife thinks they look easier to clean and something she can use in the kitchen for lifting turkeys or something.  they look like a food grade gardening tool!  plastic handles and steel forks look less messy .   meatrake.com 

The Meateaters, You smoke, they shread.
icon_smile.gif

how do I put what equipment I use to smoke/grill like you all have underneath your name?

I dont have any problems cleaning mine.

My bear claws clean up nice and easy

how do I put what equipment I use to smoke/grill like you all have underneath your name?
Go Into Your Profile and scroll down to signature and click edit signature.  You can put in up to five lines.  PM me if you need more help.

www.porkpuller.com
It's unreal. A whole butt in less than 10 seconds. I was tired of wearing my arms out, so took the chance on this and it's incredible. Did 10 butts the other week and pulled all 10 in less than 5 mins. Well worth the investment if you are doing large quantities.

icon_cool.gif

I guess I'm really old school cause I still do it with my hands. You know that old saying "when your dumb you have to be tough"  I use the Ole shit that hot method. All you have to do is wait that hour or as long as you can wait. Then you dig into your butt and start pulling then about the third or forth chunk that you grab you look up to God and say "Damn that hot". Then you shake your hands and go at it again. Now for that new fangdangled contraption "The Pork Puller" heck I think you can build about 2 dozen of those for about half the money. It looks like a plate with some nails sticking out of it........ 

That's about all it is. Stainless steel. I couldn't believe I pd that much, but in the long run, its paid for and I'll have it forever. What a simple idea. Wish I was the one that thought of it!

I dont think I would want to use my cordless drill to pull pork, then touch meat....I get pretty dirty when doing construction and a lot of that transfers onto the handle of the drill...plus all the juice sitting around could mess up the drill....not worth ruining my cordless or getting sick from germ transfer.  I'll stick with the bear claws, $10 to save a $150 drill is worth it in my book.

Big bowl, thick rubber gloves and have at it!  Can be theraputic, work out  the stress of the day!  Can also use a knife to cut it against the grain into thick chunks and then pull if it is not "fall apart done".

Bear Paws on Ebay.  Everyone always wants to know where I got them. 

You still get your hands dirty and hot with bear paws.Check out the small aluminum gardening forks, cool handles and work the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky