What do u like to put in a fatty?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
IMG_6057.JPG
Never done one and thinking about doing it this weekend. Wanna try somthing new. What temp do u bring fattys to?it will be going on my stick burner

Bring your internal fattie temp to 165 degrees to be safe.

As far as what to stuff it with that’s up to you. A nice starting point in fatties is a pizza fattie in my humble opinion. Bacon and sausage are already two toppings for a pizza so stuffing it full of mozzarella cheese and more toppings just works well to start.

Good luck
Scott

Ok, I was thinking chopped up jalapeño pepper, onion, cheese, chopped up garlic , mix the beef with pork sausage and wrap in my bacon I made. I'm sure there's stuff missing that I wanna stuff in it

Whatever you decide make sure you don't overstuff it and leave about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch filling free all around the outside. I like pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss and russian dressing. Also with a bacon weave fatty I don't go by temp, I look for the bacon being done to where I like it.

Chris

The sky is the limit on what you can stuff in one.
I use 2 lbs. of sausage instead of one , cause I tend to over stuff them & with the extra sausage it holds together.
I also don't do the bacon weave, cause it creates 2 layers of bacon & the layer underneath never gets done.
So I just wrap a single layer around the fattie, or cook the bacon & put it inside the fattie.
To be safe you need to bring the temp up to 160 degrees in the middle of the fattie.
Good luck & take some photo's!
Al

Doesn't qualify as a true fatty , but I rolled out ground beef , then layered deli roost beef and provel cheese . Rolled and smoked . No bacon .

Doesn't qualify as a true fatty , but I rolled out ground beef , then layered deli roost beef and provel cheese . Rolled and smoked . No bacon .

Still sounds like a true fatty to me. Actually sounds pretty good.

Chris

Still sounds like a true fatty to me. Actually sounds pretty good.

Chris
Chris , it was good . Ate two ways . Open faced , brown gravy and mash taters . Then sliced and on a burger bun with onions and peppers .

Reactions: gmc2003
I use peppers,onions, cheese and some chopped up bacon. I usually precook all the ingredients before I add to the fatty. Smoke fatty to 165 as mentioned.
And as Al mentioned I use 2lbs of sausage.

Reactions: dan the mano
Most of mine are more ground beef then sausage, I've made some rather good bacon cheese burger fatties and mushroom Swiss fatties in the past.

Reactions: dan the mano
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky