What did Santa get you for Christmas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wife and kids got me a 22.5" WSM, pizza stone/peel/cutter/dough accessories for the old 22.5" Weber Kettle, a double beer can chicken rack, and a Craftsman bottle opener (I kid you not!)  
I have one made by Klein Tools. Has an etched bottle cap at the top of the handle for easy identification. They call it a beverage tool.

Got a side firebox for my Char-Griller barrel smoker. bummed that the lid does not close properly, about a 1/2 in gap on the right side when shut (lid shuts if I add some effort).  I'm either going to get some wood stove door gasket material, or if that doesn't work, I'm going to make some sort of latch mechanism where I can shut the lid, turn the latch and the lid will stay shut. My favorite gift was a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station.  Had a Davis Vantage Pro for about 13 years until the console broke.

Ya know ya getting old when ya get a nose and ear hair trimmer for Christmas

biggrin.gif
  Living in a small town ya have a large country boy trading network.  I bagged up like 20 bags of citrus, our home made spice, and some of Pegs ginger bread cookies, and left them hanging on door knobs.  Found by my back door right at 2 gallons of homemade wine, a pt of shine, assorted sausages and smoked stuff and 3 deer quarters one with back strap and rib cage.  Cabage and root veggies sweet taters etc.

My wife and son got me a Brinkmann Smoker along with a smoker "starter kit" they put together including welding gloves, assorted chips/chunks, starter cubes, a book on smoking techniques/recipes and a charcoal chimney

I assume they are mostly trying to give me the hint that they want more smoked meat...but I'm okay with that. After smoking on a very small scale with a little box of chips on my propane grill, I'm eager to start smoking for real!

I got an Auber smoke controller for my WSM! Using it right now actually!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky