• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What brand of high heat paint is best?

LongSmoke1032

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Hey all, new to the forum smoking and burning for a 1 1/2. Don’t know if I’m posting this in the correct place feel free to let me know. Well been smoking on a Dyna-Glo signature series not the best but hey, on a mission to build a custom smoker, I using 1/4 inch steel throughout and kinda gettjng to the point where I’m going to start welding this thing together.

My questions is what kind of high heat paint is best to use? Would it be safe to paint the inside with it?

Figured if I’m going to do this right might as well build a good smoker.

Weaverspitbbq

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 7, 2019
Hey all, new to the forum smoking and burning for a 1 1/2. Don’t know if I’m posting this in the correct place feel free to let me know. Well been smoking on a Dyna-Glo signature series not the best but hey, on a mission to build a custom smoker, I using 1/4 inch steel throughout and kinda gettjng to the point where I’m going to start welding this thing together.

My questions is what kind of high heat paint is best to use? Would it be safe to paint the inside with it?

Figured if I’m going to do this right might as well build a good smoker.
Do not paint inside .....spray lightly with peanut oil...outside best thing worked for me home depot gallon black satin paint ..found a gallon at my gf rental home tenant left it . No label ...worked great

LongSmoke1032

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Weaverspitbbq appreciate the response, ok so don’t spray the inside with paint but do spray it down with peanut oil ok got it. The Home Depot satin black is that in a spray can or will a sprayer need to be used. Appreciate the help here.

Murray

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2018
I have had good luck with Tremclad high heat spray bombs but it’s pricey. If it came in gallon jugs and applied with a spray gun it might be affordable

flagriller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 22, 2007
Rutland Products 80 1200 Degree Hi-Temp Paint
MEECO’S RED DEVIL 405 Spray Paint

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.