What are you paying for lump?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patrick bair

Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
I live in Harrisburg, PA. The best deal locally on lump charcoal seems to be the 40# bag of Royal Oak/Nature Glo for $31.77 (tax incl.) I get from my local plumbing supply store. Who's doing better and where/how?

I really like Ozark Oak Lump for the long cooks on the Brinkmann TMLE. The cheapest I can find it is $10.95 for a 10# bag at Firecraft.

I am also well-stocked on the Kingsford Blue when I can get 40# for $9.88 on sale.

We are lucky our local restaurant supply (Cash & Carry) has a 40 lb. bag of Lazzari usually for about $13-$15.

A few months ago I got a few 20lb bags from Wally at $9 ea.

Don't know if they still have them at that price?

Good luck and good smoking.

Just saw Southern style cowboy charcoal hardwood lump charcoal at Costco. 34 pounds for $18.99. $.56 per pound. Might have to pick up a couple of bags at that price even though my garage is over stocked with Kingston from the Home Depot sales.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky