What are the latest brisket prices?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All the better...and their meat quality is infinitely stronger.  Snagged a couple around the first of the year and brought them back up with me at $1.79/lb.
25 years in the corporate office I've been to many grocery chains across the US. We have the best meat and produce hands down!

25 years in the corporate office I've been to many grocery chains across the US. We have the best meat and produce hands down!
Won't get an argument from me.  Thankfully you retooled the business model many years ago:  some weren't much more than glorified C-stores and was one of the last places I wanted to go.  Now, anything but.  Quality across the board is top notch, cooking demonstrations are dynamite, and staff is always beyond helpful.  Just wish you were up here!

So, I'm living up here in this very expensive gouging state.And where I asked the meat market guy the price of a Brisket per pound, he replied $6.00 or $6.50. I about fell over and told him I'll do a price match around. Shoot, I could have it sent from Texas cheaper than than and taste a lot better than Minnesota. God, I hate it up here, help me get out of here. My divorce is done. Thank God. Mean people up here.

Costco in Raleigh has Prime grade brisket packers for $3.99/lb.  Across the aisle, they have flats for $6.99.  Go figure.  Maybe the flats have been trimmed to within an inch of their lives and the packers will need major trimming, but still...........  The packer I bought is flop-over-your-arm tender.  Still, I'll let it sit in the fridge for a while until I'm ready to invite a group of friends over.  45 days should take me up to Labor Day.

A couple of months ago, Costco had Prime packers for $2.99.  Should have bought several and frozen them.

Last edited:
Our prices in southeast Michigan are going up. We're seeing $3.69 average. Couple places raised prices and said that the packers are hard to keep in stock now. Popular cut.

Our prices in southeast Michigan are going up. We're seeing $3.69 average. Couple places raised prices and said that the packers are hard to keep in stock now. Popular cut.

Where's a good place to get in SE Michigan? I'm new to this.

The gfs or Gordon's food service stores. [emoji]128077[/emoji]
I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on GFS . I was in one for the first time today .  Bought a couple of things . All beef 1/4 lb. franks 25 count for 13 bucks . 

Anyway looked at a brisket , I guess its whats called a packer ?  Not sure , I think it was  3 bucks a lb .  I need to learn what I'm lookin at  so I know what I'm buying . 

There are a couple videos on YouTube that show how people check to see if a brisket bends a certain way in the package.. a few things they look for. I just pick one that has more even thickness from one end to the other. And not to big or with extra fat than usual..

I'm sure if you do a search here that you can find some discussion already made to read about "picking a brisket"..

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky