What A Great Site!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

koidog

Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
What an awsome, informative site!

I have been smoking mainly in the cold state of Wisconsin for thirty years, mainly what I harvest from the woods or water. I have used everything from cheap store bought models to wooden boxes. Recently my son in law has introduced me to the fine art of BBQ and I am hooked to be certain!

Since I work as a machinist and welder, I decided to try my hand a fabricating myself a quality smoker and that is how I found the site, looking for smoker plans. BTW, not easy to find good plans for a Vertical Reverse Smoker but I think I can piece together what I have found so far on this site to get a good start. I'm sure I will have a million questions. 

I'm very excited to give it a shot and hopefully share my first homemade smoker with everyone.

Welcome to the site.  We always like a good build thread with lots of detail.  And then we demand qview of that first smoke off that build!  Some great info here isn't there.  One could get lost for days looking at the amazing food and smokers these folks come up with.  You will have a never ending list of things to try!

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. As Mrs B said be sure to post lots of pics and details of your build and good luck with it

Welcome to SMF nice to have ya.. lots to learn and great people
icon14.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Koidog, We are really glad to have you here as part of the SMF Family.  May I suggest that you sign up for the FREE 5 Day E-Course, I had been smoking meat for about 6 years when I got it and learned a lot of things I had never even thought about.  You can find about anything you want on a smoker build by using the SEARCH BAR near the top of the page, just type in what your looking for i.e. smoker builds, pit calculators etc.,.  The WIKI Section is also full of great material and tons of interesting reading. Plus you have all of us!  The only dumb question that you can ask on here is the one you do not ask!  Again, glad to have you with us and may all your smokes be great.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the party. Looking forward to following your build. With your background it should be a beauty.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky