Weston PRO 2300 Vacuum Sealer issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
OK, here is my story... I bought this sealer 1.5 - 2 years ago. Before I bought it I went through multiple websites looking for more reviews on the unit. I just wanted to have a relatively powerful and reliable device. All the reviews I found were great although none of them said this is the best unit of its type. I went ahead and bought it. Approximately 5 month ago a heating element of the unit got broken. I ordered two more elements online right away and replaced a faulty one. In about 3-4 weeks newly replaced heating element went down. I replaced it again but second element had to be replaced in about 2-3 weeks... I ordered a bulk of 10 heating elements online and replaced three more elements since then - 5 heating element were replaced within approximately 5 month...

Today I called Weston and spoke with customer service representative who said that every time I sealing bags, I have to wait 1 min. in between sealings. I was like: "REALLY"? This was the case when I used to use my old FoodSaver which cost me $80. Weston Vacuum Sealer 2300 is marked as a PRO machine and although I knew that this is not a commercial unit – I though it should be more robust and powerful then FoodSaver. The whole idea of buying Weston was to avoid a waiting time between seals… When I mentioned this to Weston representative she responded like she doesn't really care what I think of their product. She was more like "It is what it is".

Now I want to ask you guys, who may have any experience with Watson 2300 sealer: any idea on why a heating elements goes down that often? Should I really wait for 1 min after each seal?

Thank you for you inputs!

OK, here is my story... I bought this sealer 1.5 - 2 years ago. Before I bought it I went through multiple websites looking for more reviews on the unit. I just wanted to have a relatively powerful and reliable device. All the reviews I found were great although none of them said this is the best unit of its type. I went ahead and bought it. Approximately 5 month ago a heating element of the unit got broken. I ordered two more elements online right away and replaced a faulty one. In about 3-4 weeks newly replaced heating element went down. I replaced it again but second element had to be replaced in about 2-3 weeks... I ordered a bulk of 10 heating elements online and replaced three more elements since then - 5 heating element were replaced within approximately 5 month...

Today I called Weston and spoke with customer service representative who said that every time I sealing bags, I have to wait 1 min. in between sealings. I was like: "REALLY"? This was the case when I used to use my old FoodSaver which cost me $80. Weston Vacuum Sealer 2300 is marked as a PRO machine and although I knew that this is not a commercial unit – I though it should be more robust and powerful then FoodSaver. The whole idea of buying Weston was to avoid a waiting time between seals… When I mentioned this to Weston representative she responded like she doesn't really care what I think of their product. She was more like "It is what it is".

Now I want to ask you guys, who may have any experience with Watson 2300 sealer: any idea on why a heating elements goes down that often? Should I really wait for 1 min after each seal?

Thank you for you inputs!

I use a 2100 (white version where 2300 is stainless version), have had it for 6+years, and love it. Had no issues. I'm thinking u have a dud. I would move on from it or send it in for them to replace.
I don't ever have to wait between usage and would never claim that you should either.
I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad experience. I hope they make it right for you.

Thank you, tallbm.
I'm thinking u have a dud
- very possible...
I would... send it in for them to replace.
- too late now. I bought it almost two years ago: warranty does not cover a replacement after two years.
I'll see if it start working better but doubt it. I wanted to buy a chamber before I made a decision on Weston but just could not justify spending $800-900 for what I do....

Hi everyone! It's been 6 and a half month ago since I started this thread. This will be my final review on Weston Pro 2300 for forum members who maybe considering buying this unit: never do it.
My first issue with this vacuum sealer was resolved somewhere in September /October after I received a electronic board from seller. This board is pretty expensive but as soon as my unit was within it's warranty - they sent it to me free of charge. So, I spent some time , replaced the board and this took care of the issue. I was back to the business! Unfortunately this wasn't end of the story: about a month ago my vacuum sealer almost stopped to produce vacuum. Another words it was removing air from plastic bags for about 10-15%. I called Weston and customer service very confidently suggester to me to buy (my unit wasn't under warranty at this time) a special sensor for $20 which I did. One week later I received the part and replaced old one with new. This didn't fix the issues. I called customer service again and the same customer service reps offered to me to buy a pump which is $155 or send it to their customer service facility which would cost me about the same amount of money if not more.... I said that this unit is only 2 years and 4 month old, was under pretty light usage and cost me almost $400. Once again, she reacted like "it is what it is" and offered nothing else to me. I had nothing to say that I won't buy anything from them. I placed my review on Amazon but Amazon did not publish it. Of course they didn't.
Conclusion: personally, I won't but anything from weston.
Thank you.

Hi everyone! It's been 6 and a half month ago since I started this thread. This will be my final review on Weston Pro 2300 for forum members who maybe considering buying this unit: never do it.
My first issue with this vacuum sealer was resolved somewhere in September /October after I received a electronic board from seller. This board is pretty expensive but as soon as my unit was within it's warranty - they sent it to me free of charge. So, I spent some time , replaced the board and this took care of the issue. I was back to the business! Unfortunately this wasn't end of the story: about a month ago my vacuum sealer almost stopped to produce vacuum. Another words it was removing air from plastic bags for about 10-15%. I called Weston and customer service very confidently suggester to me to buy (my unit wasn't under warranty at this time) a special sensor for $20 which I did. One week later I received the part and replaced old one with new. This didn't fix the issues. I called customer service again and the same customer service reps offered to me to buy a pump which is $155 or send it to their customer service facility which would cost me about the same amount of money if not more.... I said that this unit is only 2 years and 4 month old, was under pretty light usage and cost me almost $400. Once again, she reacted like "it is what it is" and offered nothing else to me. I had nothing to say that I won't buy anything from them. I placed my review on Amazon but Amazon did not publish it. Of course they didn't.
Thank you.
Thank you.
my Weston worked for. Couple months until I started replacing elements. Replace the element because right side burnt out. New element burnt out on left side before it sealed 1 bag. Junk.

I highly recommend the Vacmaster products. I had a Vacmaster 320 chamber sealer that worked flawlessly until it burned up in my housefire. The proximity sensor cratered after 8 months or so, was still under warranty and they fedexed the part as soon as I called them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky