westinghouse fridge build...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brock77

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
 Hi all new guy here i have all ready done the roll call post..

Working on a (small budget) westing house fridge smoker (free).....have stripped everything out insulation,plastic... i didn't like the idea of leaving the old insulation in there....and the inside of the fridge had to many holes and a large crack so i took that out as well.  

I have relined with plywood, and have two 1000 w burners in there..(had it up to 212 deg) in 45 min..on the top for an exaust vent i used a 3x10 floor register....

Today im cutting in a 3 inch hole in the side of the fridge for my little chief smoker box and vent.....

My question is i would like to seal the joints of plywood up good but don't want to use any caulking...would that aluminium tape be all right to use..  Im thinking i might also cover the ply wood with tin foil to get it a little warmer in there...... will post pics later  thanks brock

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky