West Yellowstone Grilled Prime NYs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Work and Life has been beyond crazy so we had to get out and leave it behind…..

Was at the grill tonight on a perfect night in the trees just outside of West Yellowstone and thought I should take a picture or two…… here is the motivating view…..
8431B74A-5F9B-49C3-AF32-6479A0FF8BAC.jpeg

We haven’t had the little Q very long but so far it is a solid little unit…..ie makes for some good looking grub!
738C2BA5-5DBD-4620-886B-6E4A29671AC7.jpeg

It cooks a bit different than the big Weber at home but I think I’m getting the hang of it…..
6E6E37A7-A0DD-4E4E-95DE-C0AC0881E9A7.jpeg

All plated up on the good timber China……
5DC98912-35F5-4D64-B4BC-7ADCC5A08A12.jpeg

Just a bit closer view……got to share the full experience….. joined with some garlic baby spuds & shrooms the wife and boy made up….
AEB21D61-F94F-400A-BD26-8C81EF5903BA.jpeg

And for the reveal…..
E3F026EF-9792-46BF-AC1B-42B3015D978B.jpeg

The meaning of the word YUM is this!!!!! Oh happiness could also be substituted as well….

Oh have to share the setting in a bit more detail….
3DC9E878-6004-430E-9011-6E70518E4208.jpeg

Just have to say we understand why Yellowstone has such a draw for people from all over the world…..it is a magical & still wild place…..
5AC8014B-9C1D-4733-ABA9-D80BDE0EBA1B.jpeg

The last thought is you can see the bear storage box just to the right of screen room…… big bears walk these woods…. They have munched tent campers in this spot in past years and sadly a woman was “taken” by one just a few weeks ago not far from our camp…… she was out for a early morning hike without bear spray (or side arm), was alone, and was running quietly……all three huge no no’s in these woods!

Oh enjoyed a bison walking by this morning after breakfast…..didn’t have my phone at hand for a pic but just cool!

I have eaten worse looking meals in worse looking places.
Yours on the other hand.....Looks heaven sent to partake of in a small corner of heaven.

Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Beautiful meal and scenery! We have some retired friends are out in Yellowstone somewhere... at a Rendezvous ( sure you've seen some of my posts about them)... they travel the country for them now. Look them up sometime. And keep the bears away!

Ryan

I have eaten worse looking meals in worse looking places.
Yours on the other hand.....Looks heaven sent to partake of in a small corner of heaven.

Jim
Thanks Jim! You are right about a corner of heaven…..we don’t have to even do anything but read a book and cook a meal in the fresh smelling Timbers!!! Pure peace!
Beautiful meal and scenery! We have some retired friends are out in Yellowstone somewhere... at a Rendezvous ( sure you've seen some of my posts about them)... they travel the country for them now. Look them up sometime. And keep the bears away!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Oh yes we saw them all lined up, there was some nice setups. Oh the bear attack was a stones toss from where the Rendezvous encampment was. We have tent camped at the same spot the woman was camped. It was a KOA site and there is even a super 8 there….. we prefer to camp on the other side of West Yellowstone in the National Forest camp ground….

Your friends are camped just to the right of the US 20 in the lower left in that green field to the right….the woman was taken just to the left of the US20 in that triangle lightly timbered spot at the edge of the trees….
5A2C3A25-8E65-4D58-B24D-ED6305B511BD.jpeg

We are camped at the edge of Hebgen lake we camp on both places….last time we camped we were camped right under the US20

Last edited:
Nice food and a nice camping spot. We haven't been camping for a couple years. Last time we went to Yosemite. It was beautiful but a tourist nightmare. Every time we wanted to venture to another part of the park it was like driving in LA. bumper to bumper.

Beautiful both the food and scenery Civil. It's not fair to the other campers with you taking your culinary skills to places like that.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Great looking meal bet it even taste better in a place like that, nice to get away of every day life.

Doesn’t matter where the master smoker is, he is turning out master class cooks. That is all just fantastic and such a great place to be. Stay safe and keep that smoke TBS.

Nothing like cooking in the outdoors. Food looks great bud! Enjoy your time. If it weren't for taking care of senior dog I would be heading to the mountains at my brothers place in Maggy Valley NC. He got it made. Also has 3 Airbnb in Puerto Rico on the beach and his regular house in MelBourne florida. I must of took a wrong turn somewhere!

Nice food and a nice camping spot. We haven't been camping for a couple years. Last time we went to Yosemite. It was beautiful but a tourist nightmare. Every time we wanted to venture to another part of the park it was like driving in LA. bumper to bumper.
Oh I hear ya……the park can get crazy but my wife “knows” the school schedules and the off times…..we hit the off times and don’t go crazy. We come up here at least once a year any sometimes we don’t even go into the pay part of the park. Many don’t even know there is a huge part of the park that isn’t a fee to enter and you can see lots of stuff people free!
Beautiful both the food and scenery Civil. It's not fair to the other campers with you taking your culinary skills to places like that.

Point for sure
Chris
Much appreciated Chris! Most of the other campers are like busy little ants that don’t slow down enough to know that they are in nature and they don’t need to go dive to it….lol.
Great looking meal bet it even taste better in a place like that, nice to get away of every day life.
Many thanks SJ! Funny thing is I’m dealing with an old UP railroad bridge at work, so we went to the West Yellowstone museum and about a 1/3 of the exhibits were all about the same history I’ve been researching at work, ie how a good portion of the RR right of way in this area was created by any act of congress in 1888, particularly across the reservation lands. The Yellowstone spin of show 1883 should have taken a history lesson, ie they would have taken the train and stagecoach and not a wagon train….. ie you could take a train to Montana in 1883 and there were stagecoach wagon tours of the Yellowstone park in 1883…..
Doesn’t matter where the master smoker is, he is turning out master class cooks. That is all just fantastic and such a great place to be. Stay safe and keep that smoke TBS.
Thanks SE! Just teaching the squirrels and chipmunks, lol being in rhe woods is alway a good thing in my view!

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinEdge
Good looking meal in a beautiful setting! Glad you could get away for a bit.
Many thanks jcam, much appreciated! It was needed for sure!
That's my kind of "roughin' it. :emoji_thumbsup:
Yea it’s hardly camping but hey somebody has to do it right!
Nothing like cooking in the outdoors. Food looks great bud! Enjoy your time. If it weren't for taking care of senior dog I would be heading to the mountains at my brothers place in Maggy Valley NC. He got it made. Also has 3 Airbnb in Puerto Rico on the beach and his regular house in MelBourne florida. I must of took a wrong turn somewhere!
100% agree with you Brian! If you look close you can see our senior dog next to the trailer, he just turned 15…. He loves the outdoors but we have to take it easy with him….but that keeps us relaxed….although some of the places above sound like fun!
Nice and quiet relaxing.

Warren
Many thanks Warren!

Many thanks SJ! Funny thing is I’m dealing with an old UP railroad bridge at work, so we went to the West Yellowstone museum and about a 1/3 of the exhibits were all about the same history I’ve been researching at work, ie how a good portion of the RR right of way in this area was created by any act of congress in 1888, particularly across the reservation lands. The Yellowstone spin of show 1883 should have taken a history lesson, ie they would have taken the train and stagecoach and not a wagon train….. ie you could take a train to Montana in 1883 and there were stagecoach wagon tours of the Yellowstone park in 1883…..
Did you ever see the series hell on wheels, great show about building the railroad west

Did you ever see the series hell on wheels, great show about building the railroad west
Yup we did see it….my wife wasn’t a fan…..

I have been to the golden spike monument many times, many people don’t realize there was a transcontinental railroad from 1863 on. Building the RR became a huge priority for the early Utah territory settlers to open up commerce and allow for more settlers to come west……

Reactions: smokerjim
These guys came in tonight to see if they could get a plate of veggie left overs…..lol nice from the trailer view while eating Mac & cheese bacon pizza, from Wild West pizza…..
DC268E35-C4A9-4FB2-B71B-DBC71EE3CE28.jpeg

A201B2AA-5CA5-47E6-904A-086CA07E0A44.jpeg

I took this one from the camp table…..25 ft…..
11DB73E7-EF7D-4B48-826B-EABEC20DD374.jpeg

Oh man thats some cool pics....As long as Yogis cousins dont get that close!
And Im working an overnighter tonight so I'm bored.....Looked up the website for the pizza place. They got some good sounding pies on there!

Jim

Reactions: civilsmoker
Oh man thats some cool pics....As long as Yogis cousins dont get that close!
And Im working an overnighter tonight so I'm bored.....Looked up the website for the pizza place. They got some good sounding pies on there!

Jim
Thanks, The Mac & cheese is a secret menu item in the sit down place the express order place has actually added it to the menu now…..it’s seriously good pizza! We have been going to it for 10 years now and it has never disappointed yet!

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky