West Virginia cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Have been in WV this past two weeks visiting our daughter Haley, hecXCV hecXCV . She wanted BBQ one night. So who am I to say no? Pulled pork, ribs, burnt end style CSR, modified Dutch’s Wicked Beans (no pineapple, she’s allergic), and tater salad. Used her Royal Gourmet offset, needs to be sealed. Leaks like crazy. But was a fun cook.
7CEE93D3-6CDB-47A3-A090-785A2BA10C2E.jpeg
Butt on the cooker.
7B7D443E-B3BE-4644-81EB-6BA2F49A5431.jpeg
And the spread. No other cook pics. Had a good time drinking some beer pops and watching the cooker all night. And have really enjoyed enjoying time with our daughter.
Jim

Love it Jim, that's what it's all about! Taking your skills across the country, cooking on unfamiliar gear, bonus points for sure! RAY

Reactions: JLeonard
Absolutely love it Jim! Bet your daughter did too! And you as well!

Ryan

Whoa baby!! That's a killer spread right there Jim. I'd eat myself into a food coma with all those goodies. Beautiful meal all around.

Robert

I'm getting the meat sweats just from looking :emoji_laughing:
Fine spread of food and time with family...that's what it's about!

Keith

Nicely done Jim. The food looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

It's all about family around here at our house, Jim. Those are the times you'll cherish forever. Excellent cook and great time with your daughter!

As a side note, a couple of people in my family just don't care for pineapple so I make Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans with peaches instead of pineapple...

As a side note, a couple of people in my family just don't care for pineapple so I make Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans with peaches instead of pineapple...
oh Man! Didn’t even think about that!
Jim

Looks good.

You could use Kerri's Hog Apple beans, or Wampus' Peach Bourbon Baked Beans as other options for the beans.

Great Job, Jim!!
Away Game at The Daughter's House!!
I love it !!
LOL. You were only one border line from us!
Like.

Bear

Have been in WV this past two weeks visiting our daughter Haley, hecXCV hecXCV . She wanted BBQ one night. So who am I to say no? Pulled pork, ribs, burnt end style CSR, modified Dutch’s Wicked Beans (no pineapple, she’s allergic), and tater salad. Used her Royal Gourmet offset, needs to be sealed. Leaks like crazy. But was a fun cook.
View attachment 637526
Butt on the cooker.
View attachment 637527
And the spread. No other cook pics. Had a good time drinking some beer pops and watching the cooker all night. And have really enjoyed enjoying time with our daughter.
Jim
Wait wait wait! How do I seal it?! 😂 and it was delicious!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky